View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Syrian Rue Extraction

SteamboatBillJr

Bluelighter
Does somebody have experiences with syrian rue extractions? Where I am all of the materials are obtainable. These are the pics I saw.

320px-Syrian_Rue_Seeds.jpg

400px-Tao_of_rue_05.jpg

320px-10.jpg

My past experiences with syrian rue were psychedelic and had visuals. I think isolating the alkaloids could improve the experience. I am a novice, is this extraction an activity I could do?

Yes, just follow this guide on the Nexus:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Tao_of_Rue_Extraction

It's a bit of a hassle with all the filtering that's required but it's a fun extraction. The initial basing of the Rue tea is magical: it turns yellow instantaneously, very beautiful, I've filmed it a couple of times in blacklight.

Have a blacklight nearby, for fun mainly, harmalas are very fluorescent in blacklight. It also came in handy when I spilled some Rue tea over my pants to find the stains. Rue stains like a mofo (it's a dye after all) so you want to work carefully and clean.

I looked on an unnamed auction website and found 1kg of syrian rue is cheap. I think this could be really fun and safe. How did the experience differ between the seeds and the extract?

Funny to see this thread again today, I started a 200 grams Syrian Rue extraction after I read it and just finished the first part, the crystals are drying as we speak. I wonder how they'll dry up, they're almost pure white right now :)

As an amateur/ hobbyist I love this extraction, the Manske is also a very cool reaction. I hope you don't mind me spewing a couple of tips from the top of my head, just a couple of things that made life easier for me.

I learned that you can do extractions with any bottle or jar that you happen to have lying around but nothing beats laboratory glassware. For example, SR extraction takes a lot of filtering and nothing supports funnels better than erlenmeyer flasks. Also nothing is easier for pouring stuff into that funnel than a beaker with a spout. Or another erlenmeyer flask. Plus it looks way cooler.

I have a 60ml syringe with a piece of tube that works very well for sucking up the leftover liquid after the first time I base my soup with a solution of sodium hydroxide. I have another one that's great for plugging, I should really label those two sometime.

Don't forget to collect all cotton balls and coffee filters you use in the process, and do an extra boil or two on them. I've just started this second extraction today and it looks like the yield's going to be good.

I left out the Manske for a while to get a full-spectrum extract. There were some reports at the time that vasicin and vasicinone a.o. (from the top of my head) had beneficial effects and I wanted to keep them. I guess a full-spectrum extract would be more like a 'pure syrian rue' experience. Might be cool to look into.
(maybe not for women though, especially when pregnant)

Also, look on the dmt-nexus to find a lot of knowledgeable people who have already answered most of your questions.

The extraction removes a lot of stuff that doesn't looks like it would do your body much good, so the extract should be easier on the body.
I can't really say much about the quality of the experience I'm afraid. You say you get visuals but for me the effects are way more subtle. I like to chew a couple of teaspoons of SR seeds now and then for a pleasant, uplifting effect, or dose harmalas daily for a while but mostly I use the extract to make changa.

You say syrian rue works as a psychedelic for you, what are your doses? And could you elaborate a bit on what the effects are for you?

You say syrian rue works as a psychedelic for you, what are your doses? And could you elaborate a bit on what the effects are for you?

I enjoy syrian rue. I usually consume an 1/8th of the seeds. I grind the seeds boil them then drink the liquid. The effects begin with brighter colors. My surroundings look hyper real and impossibly sharp. The experience has euphoria and music is awesome. At the peak I feel as if I am in between dreaming and awake. I get closed eye visuals of geometric patterns, dancing people, faces, ect. These closed eye visuals are often in sync with the music. Syrian rue is better than most legal highs.

Last edited:
Sounds sick, I wish I got that from harmalas. I get the closed eye visuals but no euphoria, just the dreamy visionary state.

Your experience sounds like a blast :)

I usually consume an 1/8th of the seeds. I grind the seeds boil them then drink the liquid.
So that would be 3,5 grams in our metric doses, I should try that one of these days, in a more meditative setting, with a higher dose than I took before and then compare with the extracted harmalas.

Have you ground the seeds and boiled them in the past? This increases the bioavailability. This works better than eating the seeds whole.