• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Switching from snorting Hydrocodone 10 to Oxycodone Hydrochloride 30 - anything I should be doing different?

COBoarder2345

Greenlighter
Hey all, I’ve been snorting Hydrocodone 10 for quite some time now. I recently ran out but may have the opportunity to switch to Oxycodone Hydrochloride 30, at least short term. Besides the obvious dosage difference is there anything else I should do different to snort them? Or am I better off just taking them orally? Don’t want to do IV. Thanks everyone!

Are you getting them directly from a pharmacy? Oxy 30's are some of the most popular fentanyl presses these days so unless you get them direct from a pharmacy assume they are fentanyl.

If you are not highly physically dependent on opiates, which I assume you're not if you're snorting hydrocodone/apap pills, then avoid black market 30's at all cost. Fentanyl is not something to fuck around with, it provides less euphoria than hydro or oxy and it's infinitely more dangerous when sourced from black market presses.

They are black market which is my concern. I tried to order online test strips for Fent but I live in Utah and couldn’t find anyone who would ship them. Is there any alternate sources for testing them?

As others have said, if they're black market they are almost for sure fentanyl... there are very few legit oxy 30s out there anymore, they stopped prescribing many of them and those with prescriptions use them for themselves. But there are MASSIVE quantities of fentanyl presses being sold as oxy 30s.

Even if they were legit oxy 30s, I would avoid this step. Oxy is MUCH more addictive than hydrocodone. Fentanyl is even moreso, plus it sucks, it's basically a hammer to the face. Plus they are notoriously badly dosed and one pill can give you a high, and the next can overdose you so bad that if you don't have a bunch of narcan, you will die.

Even if they are real oxys, you're treading down a much worse path than messing around with 10mg hydrocodones. Oxycodone is the real deal, and if you think you love hydro, you're gonna LOVE oxy... and that's a problem.

But yeah, again, there is very little chance they are actually oxycodone.

Thanks for the input guys. Is there something out there that would likely be an easier transition for me from the Hydrocodone and at least somewhat less likely to end up dosed with fentantyl? No guarantees I know.

There is pretty much zero chance they are oxy, unless you witness the person getting the pills at a pharmacy counter assume it's fent. These pills are extremely inconsistent. Assuming you get the test strips and they test positive, there's no telling how much fentanyl there is in each pill.

These pills are extremely dangerous for anyone let alone someone with a tolerance low enough that you can get high on snorting 10mg hydro/apap pills. Fentanyl is not worth it, it's not nearly as euphoric as most other opiates and the therapeutic index is small so a seemingly small error in dosing could lead to an OD.

How much hydrocodone do you take a day?

My script is for 4 a day but I take a lot more than that, hence why I ran out early. I was taking 10-15 a day for a while. Been out for several days now.

If you've been out for several days then you're already past withdrawal. Do you still need them for pain? If so maybe try kratom? Just know that kratom is also addictive

I just get more done and have more motivation and overall better sense of well being on the opiates. Without them I just feel sort of useless. Was hoping to find something I could supplement the Hydrocodone with that wasn’t super hardcore or dangerous but sounds like my options are pretty limited.

Yeah you are sliding down a razor blade and about to drown in a river of alcohol.
Do not be a dumbass you should tread lightly and watch where you are wandering.. I don't mean to sound harsh but you are obviously very new because you are basically snorting tylenol what the hell is wrong with you just pop your hydrocodone.
If you need something to get you to your next script then buy Kratom and become good friends.
If you are not in withdrawal after running out and are already noticing signs of addiction (uselessness without the drug) do yourself a huge favor and just quit. It's not fun to be addicted to anything, you will become a slave, broke as a joke, and sick as fuck 80% of the time.

Enjoy what you have responsibly..apap is dangerous to the liver if you take up to or over what is it 5 to 8000 mg of acetaminophen?? And looking to oxy is really going to hook you. Take care and do not take a 30mg "oxy/roxi" unless you saw that fucker handed over at a pharmacy. Peace and stay safe!

As others have said unless you or someone you know very well has a prescription I would always assume they are fake. That's not just me telling you that to be super safe it's because they are almost for sure fentanyl. Someone said kratom. Which would be your best bet if we can't talk you out of doing opiates, but kratom is a pain in the ass to consume. I also think if you do end up doing kratom you are also going to get addicted to that, and I wouldnt be surprised if you start using doing heroin or fentanyl after that. The sense of well being and euphoria you want ain't free. It's comes with a huge amount of pain. You are trading off feeling amazing right now for feeling equally as shitty when you have to stop. Which you will have to because you will inevitably run out for one reason or another. Sorry for being this guy but all of us heard someone saying the things I am to you and thought we could control it or do it recreationaly. I personally don't know anyone who has successfully. Sorry for this rant I just wouldn't wish this addiction on my worst enemy. Love you man be safe with whatever you decide.