• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Surgery, pain medication

The450Man

Greenlighter
I am having surgery on both feet, they are cutting some bones, re-aligning them and putting screws in.

I am curious if there are any pain medications out there that are: Sedating and little to no nausea.

Any recommendations?

the nausea part has a lot to do with you. personally I have never gotten nausea from opiates of any kind other than bupe. I'd reccommend some well known one like vicodin.

if you are not opioid tolerant, all pain medications can cause nausea. I would start out with hydrocodone and see how that helps, it was the first opioid I used and gave me no nausea.....oxycodone gave me nausea the first couple of times I used it in higher doses.

Are you asking for recommendations for pain control after your surgery? Tar was a joke answer and it's shit for pain control. How long to do you anticipate being on meds after your surgery?

I have a feeling that Vicodin wont cut it if you're going through such a complicated surgery that leaves metal in your feet, plus all of the re-alignment. Feet hurt. Blood flow, gravity, balance, etc. Oxycodone ins the form of Percocet/endocet would be a better break-through med in that case.

Dilaudid comes to mind also for B/T, but you'll probably need something long-acting, so that puts you in the oxycontin range. They might even try Fentanyl for long-term relief and norco (10/325 vicodin/hydrocodone) or Percocet for breakthrough.

I don't know what your tolerance is, Opana is strong and works well. Bitch to get off. If nausea is an issue, ask for promethazine to combat it. Your pain relief is most important.

Docs who want to save you money, or who have a methadone fetish, may try to prescribe that. (My new PM doc is from Russia and he's the doctor of the highest-rated HMO PM clinic in N.Calif. but he loves his methadone. I swear he has a little altar of Russian ikons of methadone in his office). If so, say no to methadone for your condition. You do not want to have to deal with that habit after you heal. And while it's a wonderful drug for nerve pain, other drugs are far better for tissue pain and injury pain. Just wanted to give you a warning.

They might try ER Morphine. IMO it's shit for pain unless it's in vials for injection (and that's unlikely to be prescribed. (Oral BA is between 10-25%.) I don't care for morphine for pain control myself but some people love it.

Last edited:
you will be scripted oxycodone. most likely in the form of percocets. they are not going to start you off on fentanyl, or oxycontin, and vicodin is too weak for such a thing.

Yeah, with a surgery like you're describing you will probably end up with something strong like oxycodone.

I had a proximal distal realignment surgery (serious stuff) done on my right knee after a bad sports injury and they put me on Tylox 20mg's (oxycodone) and I was still in bad pain for a while.

My friend had foot surgery similiar to yours and she was scripted roxicodone.

yes, last summer I broke my femur and ankle, and had surgery, and now have a metal rod through my thigh bone with a screw up at my hip, and then another screw at my knee, and then three screws in my ankle. I was scripted the 5mg roxies. then the next month, when I went for a check-up, I saw a different doctor, and she gave me the 10/325 percocets. so you will either get an oxycodone only product, or a percocet.

you will be scripted oxycodone. most likely in the form of percocets. they are not going to start you off on fentanyl, or oxycontin, and vicodin is too weak for such a thing.

100% Agree. Oxycodone would be the best opioid for your procedure. You will probably be scripted Percocet 10's if you are in the US, or maybe OxyContin 20mg.

If you are in Canada though, you would get prescribed something much weaker at first. You would most likely get Percs 5mg/325mg. And if you are lucky, they will start you off with OxyContin 20mg as well, and give you the 5mg percs for breakthrough.

he will not receive any oxycontin. and they very well could also only start him off with 5mg of oxycodone. but, they will most likely keep you a day or two, maybe longer (I spent 10 days)....don't forget to mention to any workers that work there that it hurts, if it still does after your initial dose.
once you're "behind the 8-ball" which you'll eventually hear a nurse say, is when they really start working to take care of your pain. and may double your dose to make it 10mg of oxy. or, who knows, they very well could start you off at 10mg. but you will not get oxycontin.

ok, I think those are worded good enough to get by.

Just a heads up to everyone

I got perscribed oxycodone at 10mg.

Nausea is soso, using benadryl for it.

Seems like a good mix.