MAPS Support Marijuana Research— Contact Your Congressional Representative Before May 27

MAPSbryce

Bluelighter
Bluelighters,

The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) and Veterans for Medical Cannabis Access (VMCA) are requesting the help of our friends and supporters in contacting your Congressional Representative before May 27 asking them to add their signature to a Congressional Sign-On Letter to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) urging that federal obstruction of non-NIH funded medical marijuana research be reduced by ending the redundant protocol review process by the Public Health Service (PHS), which exists for marijuana but no other Schedule I drug. Four Congressional Representatives—including two Republicans, Morgan Griffith (VA) and Dana Rohrabacher (CA), and two Democrats, Earl Blumenauer (OR) and Jan Schakowsky (IL)—are the co-leads on the letter.

You can help— Use your voice to support marijuana research! Ask your Congressional representative to sign the letter in favor of removing the federal barrier surrounding marijuana research. The deadline is May 27, so act now!

Click this link to learn more about contacting your Congressional representative.

Thank you all for your support of psychedelic and marijuana research!

Please remember that as with letters sent to private firms, political representatives consider each letter received representative of the opinion of thousands.

ebola

I'm upset I didn't see this until after the deadline had already passed. Shame on me for checking this forum so infrequently I guess :/