sugar and test

DOB

Bluelighter
carbs boost testosterone,insulin boost testosterone,but then some people say sugar decrease testosterone.How can it? Sugar sure have higher GI than rice but when ingested with bunch of protein and fats its GI is significantly lowered,not that it matters becose the carb insulin test boosting should still happen

so you want to tell me that 23 yo fit low bodyfat man who after heavy deadlift session drinks whey with 50g of sugar is gonna crash his test down by 25% just becose of the sugar? it sounds like bullshit to me I am confused.....sure if you are morbidly obese sugar and fructose will lower your test but fit young guy with abs who lifts? I think carb is a carb and all that matters is total caloric intake,I dont believe that sugar is this test killer or am I wrong?

I've never heard this myself, though perhaps it's just skewed information from whenever it's been repeated, as the full story hasn't been told so to speak - perhaps it's only something for obese people due to higher adipose tissue and therefore increased presence of aromatase resulting in higher conversion to estrogen?

carbs boost testosterone,insulin boost testosterone,but then some people say sugar decrease testosterone.How can it? Sugar sure have higher GI than rice but when ingested with bunch of protein and fats its GI is significantly lowered,not that it matters becose the carb insulin test boosting should still happen so you want to tell me that 23 yo fit low bodyfat man who after heavy deadlift session drinks whey with 50g of sugar is gonna crash his test down by 25% just becose of the sugar? it sounds like bullshit to me I am confused.....sure if you are morbidly obese sugar and fructose will lower your test but fit young guy with abs who lifts? I think carb is a carb and all that matters is total caloric intake,I dont believe that sugar is this test killer or am I wrong?
I'm confused whether you mean the direct effects of consuming&processing sugar, or the effects a sugar-heavy diet, over time, can have on testosterone? Perhaps you can link something? I've always considered it positively anabolic, and neutral hormonally, but just unsure on your context so won't elaborate further til you do!

I'm confused whether you mean the direct effects of consuming&processing sugar, or the effects a sugar-heavy diet, over time, can have on testosterone? Perhaps you can link something? I've always considered it positively anabolic, and neutral hormonally, but just unsure on your context so won't elaborate further til you do!

I found this study that says consuming fast carbs instantly drops testosterone,nothing over long term no matter what bodyfat or insulin sensitivity

http://anabolicmen.com/sugar-testosterone/

a) In this study, the researchers gave 74 men (who had varying glucose tolerances) a standard glucose test which consisted of 75 grams sugar in a form of pure glucose. What they saw was that their subjects testosterone levels dropped by up to 25%, regardless of whether the men were healthy, pre-diabetic, or diabetic. 2 hours after the glucose load, 15% of the subjects had actually dipped into hypogonadal levels of testosterone, which is the point where doctors often prescribe synthetic testosterone replacement.

b) This human study found out similar results. After an oral sugar load, men’s testosterone and luteinizing hormone (LH) levels dip significantly.

c) Similar results were seen in this study with subjects who had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). After an oral glucose tolerance test, testosterone levels decrease significantly, and remain suppressed for hours.

d) This rather interesting study found out that a peptide which increases after sugar consumption (Glucagon-like-peptide-1), can reduce the pulsation rate of GnRH (a hormone released by the hypothalamus, which stimulates testosterone production). Why this is interesting? Mainly because other forms of more complex carbohydrates, which provide a slower release of glucose, seem to do the complete opposite.

e) Insulin is also increased when you consume sugars, and many people believe that it’s the reason why testosterone levels also plummet. However research has shown that insulin can actually stimulate testosterone production because it sends the “go” signal to the brain region that releases GnRH (a hormone which stimulates testosterone production). So I wouldn’t blame insulin on this one. The mass media has already made it seem a lot more evil than what it really is…

f) Diabetes is a well known cause of low testosterone, and you can get yourself one by consuming too much simple sugar on a day-to-day basis. It seems that the men who are diabetic, or pre-diabetic, are also the ones who see the biggest drops in testosterone after eating sugar.

my question is,if the sugar really decrease test,what if its ingested with bunch of fats and proteins wouldnt that slow down absorption,decrease insulin spike significantly? image meal 50g protein 50g fat 75g sugar,wouldnt it become ok?