• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

SUBUTEX

lovemissile66

Bluelighter
Just wondering if doctors still prescribe this. I have had a very difficult time trying to find a physician only, (not a recovery program), who will prescribe Subutex. Unless I am pregnant. And the odds
of that happening are greater than watching pigs fly. I have always had a rough time inducting on Suboxone and now I am wondering if it would have gone any easier had I been on Subutex...at least
for the first few days. But no luck here in my part of VA.

Like I said, curious.

I'm not sure

Suboxone should be 100% the same. I was shooting it for a long time. It's a very abusable drug and I'm not trying to push someone down that road but it's like the same as Subutex in every way.

Very few people get side effects to naloxone, etc. Buprenorphine has a higher affinity so it'll always be felt, etc.

Just wondering if doctors still prescribe this. I have had a very difficult time trying to find a physician only, (not a recovery program), who will prescribe Subutex. Unless I am pregnant. And the odds
of that happening are greater than watching pigs fly. I have always had a rough time inducting on Suboxone and now I am wondering if it would have gone any easier had I been on Subutex...at least
for the first few days. But no luck here in my part of VA.

Like I said, curious.
Actually in theory, you should be just fine to move from using straight to Subutex. People argue all the time because they get Nalaxone and Bupe mixed up.
  • Subutex contains a single active ingredient: buprenorphine.
  • Suboxone contains two active ingredients: buprenorphine and naloxone.
Naloxone is added to the formulation to keep people from abusing the medication. For example, if you were high on heroin and took an intravenous dose of naloxone, you would crash into an immediate state of opiate withdrawal.
Naloxone works as an opiate antagonist. It will fill the opiate receptors in the brain and it won’t let other drugs activate these receptors, but unlike buprenorphine (which fills and activates receptors) naloxone will not activate opiate receptors. With all receptors full but not activated, a person feels immediate and intense withdrawal pains.

It's not true though Nico. I've shot Suboxone, a lot, like more than one person should ever care to admit.

Naloxone works but buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity than naloxone; buprenorphine also acts as an "overdose antagonist" against stuff like heroin. You'll go through withdrawal from taking Subutex too soon.

The drug companies lied to the FDA and the FDA ate it up for bribe money.

Damn it! In my head it makes sense.... Theres j7st no avoiding WD's I suppose.....meh

<-- I wish this was me, I'd probably be happier somehow

I'm ok, I've been better. Some days are better than others. There's still good times to most days which are nice.