• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe subutex/suboxone and nightmares???

RedHandedDenial

Bluelighter
First let me say this thread is only for people who take bupe DAILY. Does anyone have bad and vivid nightmares EVERY night?? I had a dream the other night that i still lived in my dads house and a hobo lived in the basement and always tried to kill me... just now iwoke up from one where i was haunted from ghosts that always tried to kill me (by loosening light fixtures and shit like that over my head)... i have always had dreams lke this, for example i used to have this dream, i would wake up in my bed for the night (but not really wake up) and there would be someone in the house... or someone walking toward me with a knife (again, ALWAYS a freaking hobo, idk the significance of this)... and it got to the point where i had this one so much that now i always know it is a dream and i start jerking around in the bed to wake myself up... anyone else ever do this? I kinda thought it was my mind torturing me, like now that i know that one is a dream it gives me dreams similar to it, but not as bad as someone coming at me with a knife... so that way i wont guess that its a dream and wake myself up.. its like my brain is just determined to give me.bad dreams!! Theyre freaking scary.. does anyone know how to STOP having these fucking dreams?? The chick i get these from said subs have always given her crazy dreams, but didnt specify if it was nightmares or not. Any meds that will help? I dont want to quit the subutex because its been a lifesaver.

I have been on bupe for 8 days now and started having the same thing like 3 or 4 days ago!! I can't get a decent night sleep to save my life! I am taking one 8mg tab sublingual as prescribed. Praying they get better. Oh BTW taking sleep aids like Tylenol pm or benadryl don't help...I am so tired by late afternoon all I wanna do is sleep :(

It will get better, it may just suddenlly go away one day, after about two weeks on Bupe my "pink cloud" as they called it litterally went away over night. I went from feeling kinda drowsy all the time(which I liked because I've always had a hard time sleeping) and no cravings at all etc.... it just went away, it was kinda wierd. But the nightmares I get if I take it later during the day it seems, they want be nightmares all the time just wierd ass dreams..think it's an opiate thing because it's always happend to me on whatever opiate I take really..but with bupe just if I take it towards later in the day, been on it a year.

I've been on 8mg subutex for two years. I split my dose, 4mg morning, 4mg afternoon. If I take my second dose too late in the afternoon, I'll have vivid nightmares. If I take it earlier, I usually don't.

I'm on three 8mg subutex a day and I've been on it for a little over a month but I'm having very vivid dreams and very scary nightmares that somebody is trying to kill me. Like what the fuck is there something I can take to stop this dreams bc I'm waking up thinking someone is hiding in the house and going to kill me it's crazy and I don't want to stop the medicine bc it really saves lives.

buy a bb gas gun tiff, as you said you are scared of that knife even imaginative.
So with 120db loud shells, when someone literally will standing with the knife over you well in you case I guess those couple seconds are literal, so when you fire with that
YOU'l raise hell, never mind pulses!, and the windows could broke as eardrums :)

I'm on three 8mg subutex a day and I've been on it for a little over a month but I'm having very vivid dreams and very scary nightmares that somebody is trying to kill me. Like what the fuck is there something I can take to stop this dreams bc I'm waking up thinking someone is hiding in the house and going to kill me it's crazy and I don't want to stop the medicine bc it really saves lives.
Take your last dose of the day earlier. Any time I take it close to bed time I always get lucid dreams. Usually terrifying ones but sometimes they’re good ones which sometimes when im bored I’ll purposely roll the dice and hope to get a good one lol

I got vivid nightmares with sleep talking (REM sleep movement disorder) etc from morphine and bupe. Posted about it but got no reactions. Dunno about the mechanisms, and didn't find a treatment - tried clonazepam, mirtazapine, melatonin and hydroxyzine without success. I took my dose - 4mg bupe - in the morning. Only went away eventually with quitting. :(

I never noticed nightmares from bupe. But altering your normal drug patterns by starting or stopping new drugs always causes me wild dreams

I never had full-blown nightmares from it, but I had a couple of delirious experiences the two times that I tried Subs. One time I closed my eyes and kept on seeing a Weeble jumping up and down in front of me that really creeped me out. It also gave me the worst headache of my life.

the nightmares are terrible for myself the dreams are about realistic things that could actually happen or if the actual occurrence took a bitter turn in real life. It’s frustrating I already have terrible anxiety so following through wit the stuff in my actual life was rough but x10 in my dreams it becomes so much worst idk if I’m going to continue takin this it reminds me of being on Chantix.

tried clonazepam, mirtazapine, melatonin and hydroxyzine without success.
well mirtazapine is some nasty inducer of wildest lucid but not dreams. It's hard to describe sometimes dreams were like acid made in hell. But always I stopped it just because of that