• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Subutex and Sublocade

lunamoona0903

Greenlighter
I’m on the new sub injection called sublocade - there’s very little information out there for me. Hoping something can help.

I received 300 mg shots from October 2019 - February 2020. I then received 100 mg shots with my last one on June 25, 2020. The doctor provided me with subutex pills (8mg) to aid with the withdrawal, especially in the case became pregnant which is why I want off of all this - we’d like another child and I’m so sick of addiction being in the way.

Question 1: how often is it safe to take the subutex without getting addicted to that too? Right now I’ve been doing it every 5 days. First day 7/24, 7/30 then 8/3 today (last one was only 4 days in between crap.) Should I break it up more? The half like is 30-70 hours and I weigh 112 pounds.

Question 2: has anyone done this before? How long did it take you?

Thank you internet universe!

Just to add: if anyone out there is considering the sublocade shot, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT based on my experience. I had no cravings. I didn’t have to take a pill or strip everyday - just one shot once a month. It made my junkie life a real thing of the past. I have a full time job, am in the community and have my life back. I was never able to do this on suboxone or methadone. This shot saved our lives.

withdrawel symptoms so far are not awful either. I get all the symptoms, but they’re very mild. I only take the subutex if I feel like I’m about to start puking, the other symptoms are so mild that the traditional Chinese herbs my naturopath gave me makes all the sweating, anxiety and uncomfortableness away. If you’re planning your withdrawal from any buprenorphine products I would look into seeing an ND or getting the herbs on your own. It definitely helps.

Bupre can be extremely addicting even if US doctors claim it's not. I have been in the hook for years. The doses they give (24 mgs or something) are insane. I do 1.5-3mg a day.
Withdrawal is worse than heroin. It's like methadone in that sense, but in US doctors like to market is as some miracle drug which doesn't cause addiction.

Since nobody else has said it .. I will say .. that yes .. you are almost certainly solidy into subs. This isn't a bad thing as you want a child .. and you don't want a child when you're on opiates .. so more power to you.

When I get clean I stop taking subs at one week (they have a long half life) and come up opiate naive a week later with almost no withdrawal and no sub withdrawal. I would avoid going past 2 weeks .. but don't know when the actual habituiation woudl start. If your new to them probably about a month .. but if you've been on em before it'll probably be much much quicker.

Always loved the medical term "opiate naive," as it applies to anybody who isn't currently habituated to opiates but really sounds like that person has never dropped their pants in front of strangers so they can inject a speedball into their groin vein. But i digress .. and thankfully have never done that.