• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone-What am I doing wrong?

Igotdablues

Bluelighter
Hello all.
I’m new here and looking for guidance.
I’m an opioid user. A heavy one at that. I’m a female in my 30s about 120lbs. 5’6. Right now I’m on Oxys because I can’t find heroin or “fentoin” because I’m new to this area. I moved to south jersey from north and my last source is out and non responsive. I myself am also going to be shortly out of pills very very soon.
I have a few suboxone strips 2mgs. Someone gave them to me awhile ago Incase I ever needed.
So the story is I once was beginning to withdraw from the same oxys and started taking tramadol and klonopin which did nothing to help. Then I stopped those too and waited like 28 hours and took 2 of the 2mg suboxone strips which threw me into severe withdrawal. I don’t understand why?!
I waited he correct amount of time I’ve been told I’m fact longer. I was already withdrawing so why did it make my withdrawals even more worse? I thought I’d feel it stop or reverse. I didn’t expect to feel exactly normal but I felt like my withdrawals were intensifying and I was sacred to take a third or even a 4th strip. I know I’m a heavy pill user. Example: daily: 8-10 30mg IR blues.
I may soon need to use them again but afraid to out of the last experience as stated above.
Any suggestions? Am i possibly not taking enough ??
I’ve heard some ppl say “2mg should work better for you” (as opposed to 8mg or 16mg) which I never understood that theory.
Anyway I’m very desperate for help.
I thank you 🙏🏼

The doctors say 24 hours but sometimes thats not enough... there must have still been some opioids active in your brain when you tooks the subs. But the good thing about precipitated withdrawal is it can only happen once so wait a while longer (24 hours) after your last dose of sub and take some more. It should help, at very least it shouldn't make you feel any worse than you already do. It may take a few more days still before you start getting the full effect of the subs.

As for the dose, 4mg is a good place to start which seems to be what you did. You can always increase the dosage if its not working for you. I find 10mg is the sweet spot for me but your mileage may differ. More isnt necessarily going to make you feel better and can increase side effects like headache and what not.

Last edited:
How long ago was last use of fentanyl or fentadope? That definitely shouldn't be an issue at that timeframe with oxycodone, but it definitely will with fentanyl. Fentanyl takes weeks to fully eliminate from peripheral compartment with chronic use.

Subs are a partial agonist with a partial antagonist (the bupe itself, suboxone then naltroxen added to the strip which should not be able to absorb sublingual, however have my doubts). The 1st thing is it is only going to fill receptors 40% on top of it you are taking an antagonist with it. The less you take, the less antagonist you take. The average doctor knows never little about this.

The suboxone website even states you will feel discomfort for a month in heavy usage cases. You will need to find more subs I think since they violently ripped any previous opiates out of you and only giving slight relief from the shitty partial agonist in it. Its possible once you run out, you will go back into serious withdrawal. You will need to stay on them at least 1-2 weeks until the previous opiates are gone and some suboxone is slightly built up in your system. Then kick.

Trying to kick a heavy opiates with nothing more than a few 2mg subs was a death wish.

Last edited:
Trying to kick a heavy opiates with nothing more than a few 2mg subs was a death wish.

I agree. Suboxone is a godsend when you've got a large supply... but a couple of strips will just buy you time and then once you're out--it's back to using again if you don't have enough to taper off it, or I suppose a game plan that encompasses what happens once you run out. Not to mention, suboxone typically does not allow the user to feel other opiates following the last strip/pill for the shortest 2-4 days and sometimes even longer (but the effects of opiates still tend to be a bit diminished). So addicts might find that aspect of suboxone difficult to deal with since they're so accustomed to getting high.

PWD is so bizarre. Everyone's metabolism varies greatly so giving an exact time frame is too tricky over a forum. Also, with a heavy opiate habit one could find the suboxone switch to be god awful. They'll experience quite a bit of sickness despite the subs working properly--and want to induce ridiculously high doses to gain complete relief. Suboxone actually has a substantially high morphine equivalent to it so ironically subs in themselves stand as a strong opiate too in my opinion. They did help me during a brutal withdrawal that I could not stand though--only being on strips for about 4 days tops. I was shocked that the opioid withdrawal was completely gone after my subs were diminished and I was totally fine on only kratom again. But suboxone can still induce sickness when working properly because of a larger opiate habit. A bit of sickness might be inevitable even on the right dose of subs.

I really do not recommend what I'm about to and it's not ideal for HR, but if someone is really desperate and suffering I think that users tend to panic and out of desperation seek out relief (not even caring if their heroin has a high fent content). It could help though to look into seed tea and have a batch on hand in case of emergencies. Again, this is not the best recommendation as seed tea for daily use comes with a withdrawal far worse than heroin. But when used appropriately (and really respect the potential of how powerful the tea is) it buys quite some time. I don't like recommending it because it has a couple of side effects and the potency varies greatly from batch to batch. It also is addictive in its own right and drinking it daily is basically the worst idea ever. If you only use it for emergencies though with caution though and do not rely on it, some people have found it to help when forced to withdraw from heroin in the wrong time and place. But when people drink the seed tea daily it's basically game over. The WD is horrible beyond words. There's a thread for it already on BL and it requires some knowledge to make.

Many of us have been in your shoes so I cast no judgement, but nothing good comes from satisfying a whopping opiate habit. It's basically insatiable and only gets worse. Could you somehow taper down off the blues at least to a smaller dose and gradually so your use is more managable? I've done it in the past and it was indeed miserable but it helps in the long run mentally and physically. Heroin pushes your opioid tolerance sky high. It just might help to plan now what comes next down the line you know? Depression is a side effect of larger opiate use.. and it's a repeated cycle that seemingly has no escape. At least on lower-moderate doses you can have a somewhat normal life. It's just that if you want to continue to use opiates some damage control really helps. There's no rock bottom to opiates that's truly a myth. It can always get so much worse lol! If you ever need an out of the game... sub doctors are always available and insurance usually covers it. Methadone clinics have saved lives but destroyed them just as well. Suboxone is a bit easier to manage long term from what I've heard. So just implying that if things ever do get pitch black you have options.

Last edited:
The first time I took suboxone I was transitioning from methadone. Took an 8 mg pill in the morning and went to work. It was horrible. I took another one later, because I was desperate & it made me far worse. I got home, got in bed under the blanket & prayed for sleep. Subutex (without the naloxone) made it easier to transition, but I did. Am down to 1 mg. a day now of suboxone, though I do occasionally cheat & take the subutex instead.