• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Suboxone too expensive - worried about running out/withdrawal

Thompsonhouse2015

Greenlighter
Hi. I was on opiods for 17 years. Detox didn't help me i still physically felt like hell.. I found a Dr
But he literally cost me [color]<snip>[/color] eveey visit suboxone 8mg2mg strips 3 a day was [color]<snip>[/color] for 15. I got 90.. I was spending my savings. By the time I got a job I was almost broke. I was gonna start a wean myself with my appt on 16th but didn't have money. So I had 27 left I went from 3 a day to 2 a day then one a day.. I split last 2 strips in half and did half a day.. today was my last half I started already feeling like crap a little bit ago.. I'm just curious. Am I getting ready to be super sick again like in 3 days when it's COMPLETELY out of my system I have money for dr. But none for script.. I want off..but what's in store 4 me??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I was on opiods for 17 years. Detox didn't help me i still physically felt like hell.. I found a Dr
But he literally cost me [color]<snip>[/color] eveey visit suboxone 8mg2mg strips 3 a day was [color]<snip>[/color] for 15. I got 90.. I was spending my savings. By the time I got a job I was almost broke. I was gonna start a wean myself with my appt on 16th but didn't have money. So I had 27 left I went from 3 a day to 2 a day then one a day.. I split last 2 strips in half and did half a day.. today was my last half I started already feeling like crap a little bit ago.. I'm just curious. Am I getting ready to be super sick again like in 3 days when it's COMPLETELY out of my system I have money for dr. But none for script.. I want off..but what's in store 4 me??

Do you have insurance? Generic Subutex is next to nothing with insurance, and far cheaper than brand name Suboxone without. Have you talked to you doctor about your situation? They should be willing to work with you if you can't afford full price Suboxone, where you'd have to stop taking the medication without a cheaper medication.

27 8mg strips should give you enough time to do something like a proper taper though. How long were you taking 24mg/day?

Your going to be really sick in a couple days. The withdrawal is going to last 20-25 days with the peak misery around day 10. Insomnia will be the most apperant symptom followed by restlessness and muscle cramps. It's going to be very difficult to do anything but lay in bed while this is going on. Sorry for the bad news.

I didn't know I couldn't go to Dr. So I tapered to half and I'm on bout a week without still sick can't work depressed just found myself drooling over photos I shouldn't b looking at.

So you're no longer taking any buprenorphine? Depending on how much/long you were taking it and when you jumped off, you can expect up to two weeks of feeling pretty darn shitty, with up to a month more of lessor but lingering symptoms (insomnia, high BP, RLS, GI issues, basically like withdrawal-lite).

Any chance you can get some gabapentin or baclofen? They're commonly prescribed for opioid withdrawal and should at least give you the energy and mood stabilization to you can fulfill you everyday obligations.

How can we help support you via BL?