• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone taper

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaizdByWolvz

Bluelighter
So I've been on bupe maintenance for about 2 years now, I was on roughly 8mg of Zubsolv and 2 months ago switched to Suboxone so I could taper to small doses. I have been tapering very quickly...today I dosed .75mg, reducing by .25 every 4 days and I feel great, no symptoms of any withdrawal, tomorrow i will drop to .5mg. My question is, I have a few 30mg IR oxy, am I at a low enough dose of bupe that I will be able to feel a full agonist such as a 30 mg oxy? Or do I have to have my system completely clear of bupe to feel any effects? Say I taper down to .25mg sub for 3 days then stop the sub completely..how many days after that would be best to feel the effects of 30mg Oxy? Thanks !

I guess my question is, is .25 mg of Suboxone a "blocking dose" that would block effects of 30mg oxy?

I'd wait more before taking the oxy 40. The problem here is the length of time you've been taking bupe. Even if you taper quickly it still takes some time for it to exit your system. Due to the long bupe half life, you've likely got more bupe built up in your system than you realize, so it stands to reason that it'd probably be a waste. Now, if you tapered and had been at a steady low dose for maybe 3 weeks before jumping, then chances are you'll feel the 30.

Man, I'm sorry, but we don't like to field questions of this nature here in Basic Drug Discussion. Our primary aim is in reducing the potential for harm in those who choose to use drugs. I'm not giving you shit, but the questions along the lines of "how do I get high(er)", "what's the best way to combine" anon are truly matter of preference. If you're ever afraid that you're going to hurt yourself by what you are doing, we'll answer your question in a jiffy, but this one is for you to explore yourself and figure out.

If it were me, I would save the Opioids as a reward for finishing my taper. You will enjoy them more that way. You will only disappoint yourself with blockers still in your system. They won't be totally impotent, but they also won't make for the "full Opioid experience".

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.