• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone first time

KarenKaringgton78

Greenlighter
Good morning Bluelighters and Happy Holidays! I have a quick question.
So I am heading to the pharmacy now to pick up my prescription for Suboxone. This will be my first time ever taking this and I am extremely scared of becoming sick and not being able to function with family for the holiday. I haven’t had any opioids in about 3 weeks but I have a high tolerance for gabapentin which I take everyday.( Up to 3600mg) My question is will the gabapentin effect my suboxone first dose or any dose for that matter. Thanks for all answers and responses in Advance.

If you haven’t taken opioids in 3 weeks why re addict yourself to a long lasting drug that’s damn near impossible to get off of?

Unless you feel you’re gonna use heroin or whatever again, I really kind of feel like you’re taking a step back.

Most people get on suboxone because the withdrawals make them unwilling or unable to quit opioids all together.

The Suboxone will make you look high in front of your family if it’s your first time taking it and it’s been 3 weeks, you’ll nod out all day.

The Gabapentin won’t interfere but it will potentiate the Suboxone, making you even higher. The risk for respiratory depression is greatly increased and you could even overdose and die to be real.

I’m surprised the doctor didn’t mention any of this to you. You went to a shady clinic or doc huh? Man wtf is wrong with people.

So I am heading to the pharmacy now to pick up my prescription for Suboxone. This will be my first time ever taking this and I am extremely scared of becoming sick and not being able to function with family for the holiday. I haven’t had any opioids in about 3 weeks but I have a high tolerance for gabapentin which I take everyday.( Up to 3600mg) My question is will the gabapentin effect my suboxone first dose or any dose for that matter. Thanks for all answers and responses in Advance.
Why are you wanting to take suboxone? Is the withdrawal still unbearable after 3 weeks? Do you feel like you are about to relapse? OpiateKiller brings up some good points and there's a very strong case to be made for just calling a quits now if you can. At the same time, there are reasons to get on suboxone as well. If you have a long history of drug use, suboxone could add some stability to your life and well as relapse protection. Of course the downside is, you will then be dependent on this medication and it will be very hard to get off it, if you ever decide thats what you want to do. Its hard to know what to suggest without knowing more about your use patterns, but if you really haven't used any opioids in 3 weeks, the worst is definitely behind you.

If it’s been 3 weeks then you should already be past all the WD or at the very least be over the worst. So I don’t understand why you’re wanting to take a sub.

If you're worried about relapsing, then suboxone as maintenance could work for you. But otherwise, I would stay far away from it, because it is VERY hard to get off.

Yea it will definitely fuck u up. Start real low if your wanting to look sober I'm talking like 1mg and you'll still be feeling it. I do understand getting on Suboxone because it is a good defensive tactic to prevent relapse to heavier drugs. But yea think it out because once u start em you will become dependent for real.

One thing that subs are also good for is helping in some ways with Gabapentin withdrawals. With the aches and pains and anxiety that comes from.it because I've been through it, even though they are different classes of drugs