• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Detox - Does Dosing Reset?

MystiKasT

Greenlighter
[[[MOD, please move to appropriate place, sorry for trouble]]]

Hey all,

I have been on 8mg of Suboxone for 7 years. Over the past 3 weeks, I have cut myself down to 1.5mg every other day. Last week, I jumped off. I am able to go about 3 days -- and then it just gets too much -- and I take 1.5mg to take the edge off and get some sleep.

Does taking the 1.5mg every 3 days or so, for lack of a better term, 'reset' my withdrawal timer? I'm thinking since I've been on 8mg for 7 years, the huge amount has to be leaving my body.

Also, oddly enough, the only symptoms I have gotten thus far have been constant temperature changes, constant anxiety, runny nose, watery eyes, constant crapping, no energy, and restless legs. I have no nausea, vomiting, nothing. Its just like a very bad flu + crapping + restless legs. Not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Restless legs are the worst part.

I've been taking about 4mg/day of Xanax to ease the anxiety, 1000mg of L-tyrosine for the malaise, and 20mg of celexa for depression.

Have I not hit the worst part yet or is the 1.5mg every 3 days what is keeping it 'mild'? Whenever things get very bad, I just think about how my ancestors fought in the crusades, and hell, if they can survive in the desert on little-to-no water, in chain mail, fighting in a foreign land, I can lay in bed and suck it up. They fought and died so we can be here today. I really feel like it is a mental battle, I just ask myself 'what would my ancestors have done?'

But I may just be fooling myself.

All help greatly appreciated.