Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Suboxone and restavit

psytaco

Bluelighter
I foolishly decided today to take .5mg of suboxone for recreational purposes (I'm not addicted to opiates) at about 3.30. Anyway, now I am really high. The problem is I have to work tomorrow and I can never sleep on opiates, particularly one that is stimulating like subs are. Adding to the problem of sleep is that I am really itchy.

I was wondering is it safe to mix with restavit with suboxone. I just don't want it to depress my breathing too much. I probably also have some valium in my system from saturday night (if the half life is that long). I also have some zopliclone (Imarest - similiar to stilnox) but I will refrain from taking that as I don't want to add such a powerful downer.

So yeah, is this combo safe?

Also is it likely I will still be high in the morning? How long do the peak effects normally last for?

i don't know about restavits.

and yes you'll be high for the next 24 hours. the half life is even longer but you'll be down within 48 hours.

i remember my first sub, hadn't had opiates in years and i had like a speck of the shit, and bam i was gone for two days. great shit though once you've got a bit of an opiate tolerance.

I foolishly decided today to take .5mg of suboxone...

Not to be pedantic, but are you sure it was .5mg - half a milligram? That's a bit below threshold dose.

....The problem is I have to work tomorrow and I can never sleep on opiates, particularly one that is stimulating like subs are. Adding to the problem of sleep is that I am really itchy....I was wondering is it safe to mix with restavit with suboxone. I just don't want it to depress my breathing too much. I probably also have some valium in my system from saturday night (if the half life is that long). I also have some zopliclone (Imarest - similiar to stilnox) but I will refrain from taking that as I don't want to add such a powerful downer.....

Ok, although Buprenorphine does have a long elimination period I doubt you'd be (noticeably - unless you're hypersensitive I guess, variability states everyone can react differently to any drug :\ ) "high" after 24 hours - it will however stay (and be tested for) in your body for quite (comparatively) long time. I personally find (although less so in the upper doses such as 34mg) Buprenorphine to have quite a subtle high - no great stupor, cognitive/motor impairment, etc.

Essentially how Restavit works is it's a mixture of two anti-histamines. , One of the (first-generation in fact) anti-histamine's side effects can be sedation for some people - hence being marketed in this formula as a sleep aid. So, in terms of specific drug interactions there is none (different receptors, MOA, blah) however it would be advised against due to them both exhibiting similar effects which would synergise one another. (basically sedative + sedative != good). For the same reason (in fact even more so!) do not take any Valium (or benzodiazepines) nor Zopiclone!

Play safe! :)

Last edited:
Doxylamine succinate can be taken with buprenorphine. You will likely become very sedated as a result however. :)

I would definitely never take Z-drugs myself, the doxylamine succinate should be good enough on its own with the Suboxone.

Doxylamine succinate can be taken with buprenorphine. You will likely become very sedated as a result however. :)

I would definitely never take Z-drugs myself, the doxylamine succinate should be good enough on its own with the Suboxone.

Personally I think the Z-class of drug do have their place - in specific situations/circumstances/people/etc. - however (and tbh my knowledge of them are sort of limited. they're not exactly in the WHO's Essential Medicines list) the (contra/)indications/side-effect profiles/etc compared with benzodiazepines are much greater! (imho :) )

(I maybe peculiar in this aspect however) Although the Restavit does cause me sedation, no other anti-histamine (Promethazine being one of the most common) does! Odd! :p

Tyrael: I took the restavit and it worked fine. You're right about the bupe dose. I got it wrong, I took 1mg. To be honest I am really not a fan of the high. it actually made me pretty anxious and jittery. it gives me a sort of sickly, amped up opiate buzz if that makes sense. I could feel lingering effects the next day, and I actually felt a bit nausous and dizzy the next day. All good now though.

Onto z drugs. I find them much better for sleep than benzos. Added to this, I do not find them addictive and have taken them for long periods of time and ceased use without any physical dependence. Physical dependence to benzos only takes me two weeks of daily use. So as someone with really bad insomnia, I will take the z-drugs over benzos. definately the lesser of two evils.

...I find them much better for sleep than benzos.... So as someone with really bad insomnia, I will take the z-drugs over benzos. definately the lesser of two evils....

Some do! :) They do have some advantages over benzodiazepines. Studies have shown that they (Z-index drugs) alter or effect sleep states/stages differently - apparently for the better! A complaint often reported with benzos (tx for insomnia) is - although they have slept - not waking up rested/refreshed! (Tbh sleep is quite a complicated process, more-so than one would think! lol)

....Added to this, I do not find them addictive and have taken them for long periods of time and ceased use without any physical dependence. Physical dependence to benzos only takes me two weeks of daily use.

True, an additional pro of these (or larger class of non-benzodiazepines medications are often) over benzos are also that they're less additive (in general) - for multiple reasons.

IM(H)O the frequency of use/prescription of benzo's will eventually reduce! Certain drugs do/have been known in the past to come in "favour" with those prescribing them! If you look at the history of benzo's - especially at the time of discovery - I would say somewhat similar to discoveries like antibiotics or hygiene theory, lol - the "best thing since sliced bread"-kind of mentality, leading to all sorts of (positive and negative) effects! My prediction (for what it's worth lol) is that the benzo class will definitely still stay in use, but it will come out of favour (in place of the newer Nonbenzo/Z-index drugs)! =D