Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Stupid News Story

Secret Agent Chick

Bluelighter
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s|5|link|homepage|homepage&itmt=1464076002626

And this was how the headline was presented on news. com.au-
"A MAN is facing jail after going on a bizarre carjacking rampage and biting a police officer — a full week after taking a synthetic drug blamed for a notorious cannibal attack in America"

1) If it was mephedrone, I wanna be this guy's friend, so he can tell me where to get some.
2) I've never had meph affect me seven days later
3) The cannibal attack that they refer to was also bullshit, because an autopsy on that guy showed no traces of drugs in his system.

But good job media, never let the truth get in the way of a good story 8)

I often feel that advising people not watch or read news from these insane tabloid commercial networks is a valuable harm reduction message.
It's not healthy to be exposed to such bullshit, presented as fact!
And i think that is especially true of people who (unlike us) don't have any idea that it is a steaming load of bullshit.

This type of media has a vested interest in keeping people scared and paranoid. People that are frightened of these things happening to them are more likely to stay home, continue to be meek little obedient citizens who never speak out, who instinctively distrust evidence about drugs that contradicts this sort of fear-propaganda...oh, and of course, fictitious drug horror stories coming out just before federal double-dissolution elections (when the Greens, among other parties, are calling for drug law reform and a medical cannabis legislative model much closer to the US MMJ system than the "only prescribed if you're dying of terminal illness" attitude that seems to be prevailing in the australian establishment at the moment.

But maybe i'm being too conspiratorial in reading this: taking "meow meow" a week before this idiot went on a violent rampage.

When a person commits a violent crime, why do they put the blame so directly on the supposed effects of the drug? This makes no sense - and i daressy that if his defense had been "i hadn't taken my prescription SSRIs/benzos etc that day", drugs would barely get mentioned; if at all.

“I wasn’t mentally competent ... I’ve learned my lesson,” he said

The guy sounds like a dangerous psychopath; they mention drugs he took a week earlier - but nothing about any psychiatric diagnoses or prior history of violent assaults.
Sloppy journalism + gullible judge + exploitative legal defence = highly dubious story.

Just say no - to News.com.au :|

I pretty sure many of the psycho cannibal attacks that were reported in Florida a year or two ago were due to Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV). At the time is was the most common "bath salt" being sold as a legal high

Do a quick search of the mdvp mega threads on bluelight to read the highly addictive, fiendish and psychosis inducing adventures that this drug created for a short period of time. Plenty of victims in the shrine too.

This type of media has a vested interest in keeping people scared and paranoid. People that are frightened of these things happening to them are more likely to stay home, continue to be meek little obedient citizens who never speak out, who instinctively distrust evidence about drugs that contradicts this sort of fear-propaganda...oh, and of course, fictitious drug horror stories coming out just before federal double-dissolution elections (when the Greens, among other parties, are calling for drug law reform and a medical cannabis legislative model much closer to the US MMJ system than the "only prescribed if you're dying of terminal illness" attitude that seems to be prevailing in the australian establishment at the moment.

But maybe i'm being too conspiratorial in reading this: taking "meow meow" a week before this idiot went on a violent rampage. When a person commits a violent crime, why do they put the blame so directly on the supposed effects of the drug? This makes no sense - and i daressy that if his defense had been "i hadn't taken my prescription SSRIs/benzos etc that day", drugs would barely get mentioned; if at all.

“I wasn’t mentally competent ... I’ve learned my lesson,” he said

The guy sounds like a dangerous psychopath; they mention drugs he took a week earlier - but nothing about any psychiatric diagnoses or prior history of violent assaults.
Sloppy journalism + gullible judge + exploitative legal defence = highly dubious story.

Just say no - to News.com.au :|

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory. You're absolutely right, the media has been used by political and criminal elements in our society to run a misinformation campaign against drugs. Though I think another reason why the media runs these stories is simply because strange/different gets more gets the page views. Though when you think about it there is seriously nothing unusual about what happened. People go on benders, get arrested, crash cars and bite/assault cops all the time.

Case in point is our very own CanberraCrack who just recently did something very similar......oh dang, lol, could even be our very own CanberraCrack!?

3) The cannibal attack that they refer to was also bullshit, because an autopsy on that guy showed no traces of drugs in his system.

From memory he had weed in his system.

But the media went nuts with it blaming bath salts for a long time.

This is going get much disagreement and I expect it will so I'm not going to defend or debate what I'm about to say as I cant back it up with evidence on a public forum so ill take the hate on the chin but here it goes..as shocking as this sounds the ones who are in control of Australia (note: I have intentially not said government) have no intention of fighting the drug problem..to further more sadly they are the reason and further profit from it (in many areas and industry's from crime to medical treatment to rehab to pharmaceuticals ect.. Problem->reaction->solution = $$$. sadly the simple currupt way of the powers (shadow government) for many decades in many world issues.

I don't believe there is that big of a conspiracy rather a generation in power who happen to be ultra conservative. It is the same resistance to supporting gay marriage. I can't really see any economic value in opposing equality, rather dinosaur lobbying from do gooders and moral crusaders.

Hate? Disagreement?
None of that from me.
What drugs cause the biggest problems (health, social problems) in Australia?
The legal ones. The heavily taxed ones: tobacco and alcohol.
There is a lot of govt rhetoric about cutting the use of these drugs - hence they are heavily taxed - but being as addictive and socially normalised as they are, these drugs provide tax revenue.
These drugs account for the majority of drug-related death, illness and violence.

As for "illicit" drugs? They provide a lot of people with employment.
Cops, "border force" agents, assorted predatory employees of the state. Cops don't want drugs to be legal.
Nor do the people "protecting our borders".

Various reports over the years have revealed that the people smuggling (or assisting in smuggling) drugs and precursors into the country are actually working for law and enforcement agencies.

Sure, their main motivation may be greed - but ultimately, what's the difference?

Space Junk, You know your shit. VERY well. Truth is far far crazier than fiction. Other than direct inside knowledge, citizens are living in a enclosed bubble when it comes to nearly all major issues. The reason this operates is That bubble is a form of brainwashing developed by the CIA in the fifties. 1. Problem-reaction-solution and 2. Illusion of freedom, which is want any human being wants. This second part is done threw the illusion of choice. Elections, multiple party's for the "people" too put into power. The people are simply puting an actor into power. (often unknown untill they reach President or PM. This is why I have so much respect for JFK. I personly am aware of the 'position' he as all leaders of the world are in. And he to date has been the only one to date to public disclose the shadow government. Assassinated by By the CIA 5 days after his speech I will never stop watching. A true man with balls of steel and love before greed.