• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Studying for Bar Exam, and withdrawing from Kratom, Xanax helps...Will Xanax hinder my ability to learn? I also take Adderall

JakeOlv

Greenlighter
Hey all,
Im new here. Currently studying for Bar Exam, I quit Kratom CT yesterday and withdrawing. Xanax helps...but will a low dose of Xanax (.25mg) hinder my ability to learn new material? I also take Adderall 30mg XR 2x/day.

will a low dose of Xanax (.25mg) hinder my ability to learn new material?
In my experience; no.
I take low doses of a benzo that is closely related to alprazolam but more relaxing and am learning new shit every day. And it "sticks". Now if I dose .5mg or higher I cannot even complete a sentence, spell or retain what I read. lol
Mostly what I am learning is the mechanics of the witchcraft of how psychology works. Aquiring new tool sets to not becoming overcome by past experiences and taking care of my anxieties/traumas without medication.
Now back inda days of heavy alprazolam use decades seem to have been lost in a haze. After stopping this heavy use for over a year some memories of that long stretch of heavy use and being blacked out started coming back and is still returning.
So as much as I have read that benzodiazepine use affects our memory my experience is that this consensus is dependant on how high a dose is taken and how long. Guess what I am saying is that IME this is a temporary phenom that is reversable when cessation occurs.
As posted with your dose af Addys I highly doubt that the low dose will have an effect on your retention of information.
Just an opinion.
Best on your exams and stay safe.

Ed:
Welcome to bluelight. ;)
Hope to see you around and please get back to us with your experience with this subject matter?
Thanks
<3

I can't imagine studying for the bar exam while going through any kind of withdrawal, especially if you're under pressure/ have time constraints. You're much stronger than I am. The 0.25 mg pill is the lowest dose available. Of course, different drugs affect different people in different ways, and you have to consider tolerance level. But unless you're taking more than two or three doses a day, I doubt that the Xanax will have any significant effect on your ability to learn or retain information - especially if you're also taking adderall. The withdrawal itself is more likely to cause cognitive problems, IMO. Good luck with everything.

Last edited:
Common PAWS symptoms include cognitive impairment including inability to think clearly, memory impairment, inability to concentrate.

Then you may also experience depression, lack of initiative, significantly reduced motivation, inability to sleep and fatigue.

Stress, multitasking and unrealistic expectations can make symptoms worse.

Even tiny amounts of benzos impair memory.
It's a balance between memory and getting your butt in the chair and studying with focus. If you can do that without the xanax, you will be better off. If you are too frazzled, accept the trade-off, and remember to take the same dose for the test.

As others have said, .25mg of alprazolam probably won't hinder your ability to retain information to any significant degree, especially if you're taking 60mg of Adderall a day.

Still, any dose of alprazolam will have some effect on memory retention and learning. Any higher than .25mg and you'd probably start noticing some issues.

You'd probably retain more information with no alprazolam at all, but will .25mg make a huge difference? I doubt it. Just don't let it go beyond that and try your best not to trade kratom addiction for benzo addiction. Kratom withdrawal can be real shitty but benzo WD is the worst of the worst.

I wish you the best of luck with studying, your exam and with quitting kratom. Kratom is a tough one to quit but you'll feel so much better once you're done with it

I’d consider passing the bar before quitting the Kratom. When is the exam?
Lol I bet it's 2 years away , then once you pass, it's try to get a good job to pay off the 200k law degree. He's never going to make time. It's alright who here hasn't painted themselves into a corner with substances that improved our output.

Good luck on the bar mate

Yes benzos are the last drugs you want to study on. You'll seem totally competent in the moment but retrograde amnesia will hBe you forgetting what you learned.

I would switch to bupe ultra low dose and wait till your exam is over to get clean or just withdrawl cold turkey then resume studying

It's a balance between memory and getting your butt in the chair and studying with focus. If you can do that without the xanax, you will be better off. If you are too frazzled, accept the trade-off, and remember to take the same dose for the test.

Yeah there probably is a certain point for some high stress individuals where the sheer intensity of the anxiety is more detrimental to cognition than a small anxiolytic dose of a benzodiazepines.

That said, when I handled a breakup badly while I was finishing up my undergrad degree, I resorted to benzos and my grades absolutely plummeted (I suppose it didn't help that it coincided with the most complex, quantitative coursework for that degree). It's interesting, I experience breakups in a way that is very reminiscent of drug withdrawal (regardless if I even care for said person). It's more like something that was once there is suddenly gone, leaving a void and sense of panic.

Yeah there probably is a certain point for some high stress individuals where the sheer intensity of the anxiety is more detrimental to cognition than a small anxiolytic dose of a benzodiazepines.

That said, when I handled a breakup badly while I was finishing up my undergrad degree, I resorted to benzos and my grades absolutely plummeted (I suppose it didn't help that it coincided with the most complex, quantitative coursework for that degree). It's interesting, I experience breakups in a way that is very reminiscent of drug withdrawal (regardless if I even care for said person). It's more like something that was once there is suddenly gone, leaving a void and sense of panic.

I agree. Significant ongoing stress can lead to prolonged glucocorticoid release and this can be devastating to memory.

Hey all,
Im new here. Currently studying for Bar Exam, I quit Kratom CT yesterday and withdrawing. Xanax helps...but will a low dose of Xanax (.25mg) hinder my ability to learn new material? I also take Adderall 30mg XR 2x/day.
You will be uncomfortable for a few days, push through it and stop reading what people say. If you quit because you wanted to quit then close this site and move onward and upward.

By reading others responses you have mentally left yourself an out to start using again. You will justify it by people’s response.

Click the x or close this site.

You will be uncomfortable for a few days, push through it and stop reading what people say. If you quit because you wanted to quit then close this site and move onward and upward.

By reading others responses you have mentally left yourself an out to start using again. You will justify it by people’s response.

Click the x or close this site.

Interesting take.. do you have personal experience?

Given they have pretty much no chance of ODing what’s the rush?

Trying to quit while studying for the bar is not a good choice and sets them up for frustration and failure. This could have a negative impact on their life and failure, frustration etc will drive relapse and use.

Your take seems like it comes from the goal of immediate abstinence without much thought or consideration of the larger picture. Poor advice IMO as I feel your advice increases the chance of failure on both fronts.

Better to pass the test and tackle the physical withdraw when their life is less demanding.

Last edited:
Depends on the person and the xanax dose.. I am in grad school working on my doctorate. I have found that taking a small dose of xanax when I study (0.5 mg) is sometimes necessary to shut off my anxiety enough to the point where I can relax and truly focus on what I'm doing.. I also take Vyvanse 70 mg every morning and Adderall 20 mg IR twice daily, once in the afternoon and once in the evening since I have to study into the evenings with the way my schedule is. Do whatever feels right for you. If you can take it and have the effect I described, do it. If you take it and you feel super groggy and out of it, probably not going to work well with studying; or maybe try a smaller dose.

Depends on the person and the xanax dose.. I am in grad school working on my doctorate. I have found that taking a small dose of xanax when I study (0.5 mg) is sometimes necessary to shut off my anxiety enough to the point where I can relax and truly focus on what I'm doing.. I also take Vyvanse 70 mg every morning and Adderall 20 mg IR twice daily, once in the afternoon and once in the evening since I have to study into the evenings with the way my schedule is. Do whatever feels right for you. If you can take it and have the effect I described, do it. If you take it and you feel super groggy and out of it, probably not going to work well with studying; or maybe try a smaller dose.

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I'm currently preparing for the Bar Exam and stopped using Kratom CT yesterday. Will a low dose of Xanax (.25mg) impair my ability to absorb new material? I also take Adderall 30mg XR twice per day. I want to make money, which is why I'm searching for a website then I found this website https://apps.apple.com/us/app/payday-loans-money-advance/id1598597654 . where I discover information about the cash loan app for iPhone. I'm having money difficulties, that's why I'm considering taking out a loan.
I agreed with you.

Last edited:
I remember one of my first diazepam experiences, taking it with amphetamine and weed and learning for exam and thinking how I’m remembering a lot, just to find tomorrow that I can’t recollect almost anything I thought I have learned.

It IS a withdrawal of a sort. While in the relationship, particularly the initial lovey-dovey bit, your brain is being flooded with dopamine, not to mention oxytocin and serotonin, etc. This one article says, “When we break up, our brains lose their regular supply of these neurotransmitters, and we go into neurological withdrawal. This is how broken hearts break brains.”