• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strange Odor

G

Girlie Girl

So I have been dealing with a strange situation for the past year and a half, and it is really starting to get in the way of my social life. Basically, every time I decide to do a shot (herion and meth) a very strong odor comes from me lower extremity. I'm not sure why or how this happens but the smell smells fishy but also sour, just overall pretty bad! I have been dealing with this situation for too long and nothing has seemed to help make it go away. It is causing me to be extremely depressed constantly anxious. Im not sure whether its the drugs, or whether it is because I use IV. I do not tend to smell as bad when I just smoke heroin and/or meth, but become cursed with this horrid odor when I do IV drugs. The smell comes and goes for several hours after a do a shot, regardless of the shot's size. There hasn't been a shot lately, not even once, where it did not make me smell horribly. This odor lasts for long hours, and doesn't seem to go away until the next morning. It'll linger and come back when I smoke a cigarette also. It smells stronger than anyone should ever smell. It goes way past your basic body odor, and comes and goes almost on the clock. Im not sure what it is and I have been to several doctors, but none of them seemed to figure it out. I never told the doctors that I use IV drugs, but it shouldn't do that regardless. It hasn't always been this way while using, just lately during the past year and a half. The strange odor has become a serious issue in my life. I tried stopping the drugs, but thats difficult too cause I get sick. I've taken antibiotics in case of infection, and it got a tad bit better but then just came back when I went off of them. I've tested negative for STDs so its not that either. This situation has been causing me so much stress, and its not something I can even talk to people about because its embarrassing. When I went to the doctor and got a check up, nothing seemed wrong and everyone was just confused why this was happening. I've tried everything and this is my last resort. Im mortified in even posting this online but I need help!

If your doctor hasn't found any infection, it could be the drugs making you sweat and causing vaginal odor. Certain foods can contribute to this as well as hormonal changes. Too much douching can remove healthy bacteria so if you're doing that, stop. Are you having any discharge? Don't use scented soaps or sprays because that will cause irritation. If you have a hand-held shower nozzle, rinse the area with plain water. You can also try a tiny bit of baking soda mixed with water. Soak into cotton balls and apply to the area. Also helps if your underwear is loose fitting cotton. That's all I can think of for now. I hope you find some relief!

Does anyone else smell is it or just you a massive rise in chemicals in your brain from meth can make you hyperaware of every little thing. Like amphetamine makes my skin feel dirty even after I clean it extensively

See your doctor and tell him or her about the drugs that you take. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

Hey I tried to private message you but it said you're not registered yet/don't have a profile, so I couldn't send you a message...
ANYWAYS...the same thing happens to me. I know it's hella embarrassing & fuckin weird to talk about it. I'm actually glad you shared your experience, cause I was starting to think that I was the only one. This "odor issue," I too deal with. I've already ruled out STDs, yeast infection, & the possibility that it could be the soaps/body fragrances I use. It HAS to be from the drugs, in particular the speed. I just think it's your body's way of cleaning itself or trying to get rid of all the toxins & shit in our bodies as a result from IVing. Just my theory though.