• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stopping tramadol

itisme123

Greenlighter
I have recently been prescribed to Tramadol. I have been taking 300mg a day for 7 days. If I stop cold turkey, will I have withdrawals? I have been reading about Tramadol and it sounds terrible so I want to stop while I can. I was prescribed a small amount so I am almost out so it would have to be cold turkey unless I ask for more (I don't want to do that if it isn't necessary) Thanks, I'm a newbie.

You psyched yourself out by reading all of that info (although, i do the same thing because id prefer to be informed haha) You will most likely have very light withdrawals, but it should be over within a few days. If your first day off of it is really bad, you may want to schedule a tapering of your dose so that it doesnt overwhelm you.

I think youre right to get off of an every day tramadol schedule, it can really mess things up.

Seven days will almost certainly be negligible withdrawal symptoms. Longer than that, yes, and tramadol has it's own unpleasant pecularities in withdrawal because of the serotonin-related effects. So stopping now would be wise if there's no medical reason to be taking it; and tramadol isn't a terribly good opioid for long-term use anyway, except in certain specific situations.

This post or any of my communications do not constitute professional advice nor do they establish a professional relationship of any kind; by this medium I make no claim to any professional credentials; in person consultation is essential for any medical, psychological, substance-related or harm reduction decisions. While peer support an advice can be helpful, any content posted online, regardless of it's source, cannot, by it's very nature, substitute for an in-person relationship with a clinician who has had the opportunity to take your history in the larger context and provide professional advice with all these factors, and others, taken into account.