• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Still staying strong!

Justinmoore78

Bluelighter
I went from heroin (15-20 bags/day) to methadone 120 mg/day to cold turkey with the help of a hand full of subs.

I must say I am having a hard time adjusting. Still feel weak, fatigue, cant sleep but I feel better than I have In a long time. I found this site very helpful and most people I talked to very nice and helpful as well. So I just wanted to say thank you for everyone and the support you've given me. This site really does work.

Anyone else going through what I am feel free to talk about it. I am by far no dr but I can definitely say I have been to hell and back atleast a dozen times so if I can help someone else I sure will try.

Much love, JM

Great that you are doing better!

All of you lovely people give me strength to not go overboard while waiting for my opiate replacement therapy to start. Keep up the good work everyone!

Great that you are doing better!

All of you lovely people give me strength to not go overboard while waiting for my opiate replacement therapy to start. Keep up the good work everyone!
And you're a "lovely" person as well, MrRoot<3. You've endured alot but I can tell you're a strong willed man. You'll succeed at whatever you put your mind to. I never really made a transition from one drug to another (the oxys and methadone)....I chronically dabbled with both of them. Oxycodone to keep me awake and as lively and personable as I could possibly be, methadone many nights to sleep well or whenever I ran out of the oxys. A vicious cycle.

I'm all for replacement therapy if possible. It wasn't an option for me because the nearest methadone clinic to me is almost 2 hours from my home and the only doctors who prescribe Suboxone/Subutex in my area don't accept insurance. I was going to take the Suboxone "route" but learned that the 1st month would cost me $600 plus the cost of meds and each subsequent month would be $250 plus the cost of meds. And like I said before, I've never bought anything I've taken so being a single woman with a huge home, new vehicle...etc. The #'s were astronomically high and not within my budget at all. IF I was going out and "buying" then I'd say it's worth but again, I never had to spend a penny. I got some of my own and tons more for free by just merely driving 2 blocks down from my home. It was literally "too easy" for me to become an addict.

I know the route that Justin's taking (and again, Justin, was so thrilled to see you're still "here":)) but what have you chosen, MrRoot? And how soon will you be able to begin?

I'll end for now by saying that I have THE WEAKEST body probably imaginable. I got EVERY, SINGLE withdrawal symptom out there. Besides my pain issues, I also have a heart problem (if this is a repeat to you, I apologize) but my pulse at one point was nearly a 200. I have no idea how I made it (and I sure didn't do it safely and wouldn't recommend how I did it) but today is 23 days since I last used.

I'm still not feeling great (but I never will either way).

Sorry, Justin, for adding so much to your thread but when you're feeling up for it, this may be helpful for you as it is for me.....as addicts, what's our "next day goal"? Usually figuring out if we have enough pills or h just to make it through the day. (As much as I loved the pills I never tried h). Anyway, now that sleep has somewhat returned to me, before I go to bed I write down 10 "goals" for the next day. At 1st it was 3, then 5 and now 10. It can be anything, big or small. For some reason, if I complete them, I feel great....if I don't then I add them to the next days "list".

At 1st I was just completely seclusive. And oh, how your own mind can tend to be your very worst enemy!! So after the acute withdrawals (when you won't feel like doing anything), I highly suggest keeping your brain as "busy" as possible. It was EXTREMELY hard for me at 1st....I'd wake the next day and the last thing on my mind was anything that was on my "list" but over the past few days, I've found it to be easier and I almost want to say I dissapoint myself if I don't do all I "say" I'm going to do.

Just a thought:).....for now or in the near future:)

You guys are great:)! This site is phenomenal! And I really don't think I would've made it this far if not for all the support and love shown to me. XOXOXO<3

Thank you Notsoprettyinpink.

I'll be starting within two weeks from now or maybe even earlier if there becomes a bed available sooner in a rehab facility in which my treatment is started. I'll be on some kind of buprenorphine+naloxene, either the films or pills. I forgot to ask last time I visited my nurse which one they use in my town. Every ORT is started in rehab facility here which for me sounds like a good idea when compared places where they hand out buprenorphine like candies. And the best part is that whole treatment costs nothing (except taxpayers money ofc).

I too have never used street drugs or bought pills from dealers. I learned my way around the system to get multiple prescriptions for oxycontin even though we have a national prescription database which in theory should prevent that from happening and every prescription for opiates must be done digitally instead of paper prescriptions. Since we have compensated prices for drugs they didn't cost much at all.

I am "lucky" that I don't get as bad acute withdrawals as you get. My BP and HR are just slightly elevated during WDs and they are in a range that I don't feel them except when laying in bed and ear on the pillow. I get diarrhea which can be countered with normal amounts of loperamide but the RLS and akathisia are the worst symptoms. I literally can't sit even for a minute and must move my limbs all the time and keep on walking around.

After e acute phase PAWS hit me like a ton of bricks. I can't think anything else than oxycodone and how I would crush the pills and take am with a sip of water (we still get the old formula Oxycontin) and then within a minutes I would be on a land of lovely comfortable blankets hugging me with their warmth and leaving me able just live on no matter how hard time I am having. Time slows down during PAWS and I get akathisia symptoms again from time to time. It is living hell and then I relapse no matter what I have tried and this has lead me and my Dr to think that ORT would work for me until I can solve the issues driving me to use while in PAWS phase.

I hope you both can endure your PAWS better than I.

I've got 8 months off methadone and 6 months off subs and feel absolutely pathetic and shitty ..... maybe just having a shitty day or life

Thank you Notsoprettyinpink.

I'll be starting within two weeks from now or maybe even earlier if there becomes a bed available sooner in a rehab facility in which my treatment is started. I'll be on some kind of buprenorphine+naloxene, either the films or pills. I forgot to ask last time I visited my nurse which one they use in my town. Every ORT is started in rehab facility here which for me sounds like a good idea when compared places where they hand out buprenorphine like candies. And the best part is that whole treatment costs nothing (except taxpayers money ofc).

I too have never used street drugs or bought pills from dealers. I learned my way around the system to get multiple prescriptions for oxycontin even though we have a national prescription database which in theory should prevent that from happening and every prescription for opiates must be done digitally instead of paper prescriptions. Since we have compensated prices for drugs they didn't cost much at all.

I am "lucky" that I don't get as bad acute withdrawals as you get. My BP and HR are just slightly elevated during WDs and they are in a range that I don't feel them except when laying in bed and ear on the pillow. I get diarrhea which can be countered with normal amounts of loperamide but the RLS and akathisia are the worst symptoms. I literally can't sit even for a minute and must move my limbs all the time and keep on walking around.

After e acute phase PAWS hit me like a ton of bricks. I can't think anything else than oxycodone and how I would crush the pills and take am with a sip of water (we still get the old formula Oxycontin) and then within a minutes I would be on a land of lovely comfortable blankets hugging me with their warmth and leaving me able just live on no matter how hard time I am having. Time slows down during PAWS and I get akathisia symptoms again from time to time. It is living hell and then I relapse no matter what I have tried and this has lead me and my Dr to think that ORT would work for me until I can solve the issues driving me to use while in PAWS phase.

I hope you both can endure your PAWS better than I.
I'm so happy to hear this all, MrRoot. As I just posted on my own thread, I'm having a really rough time. It was like the "acutes's" were gone, I then felt a wave of joy that ended about 2 weeks in with MAJOR paws. I did have an opportunity to get 90, 10's from my pain management doctor last week but declined and chose the nerve block instead. I can't say I'm sorry I didn't choose the pills and that bothers me to no end.

I'm still thinking of them chronically, still have night sweats severely and it's been a month. I've been eating super healthy, taking vitamins and trying to force myself to do the things I once loved but I'm finding it to be very hard. I also wanted a new vehicle for so very long but now that I have one? It's just sitting there most days.

I never got (of all things the RLS which sounds crazy since I got every, single other thing majorly) but I feel the reasoning is because my disorder (RSD) effects the nerves and it's effected both my legs (and is a nervous system disorder which causes a multitude of symptoms....skin crawling and burning like my legs are being dipped in acid and then placed in a pit of fire to name 2....clothes and bed sheets even irritate my inflamed, red skin to the point I always have to wear dresses or skirts (which is so "not me".... I have no idea what I'm going to do living in PA when the cold weather hits).

Geez, I don't know what I'm going to do even with it now. A part of me feels that THIS time I'll be responsible with meds but I know that's not true. One warm "rush" and I'm done for. I'm also on 9 other meds that I was adamant about giving a chance to but they really do not help. Sometimes I feel like a doctor's "joy"....a "lab rat" in which they are trying to cure the incurable.

I'm sorry, as always, for the ramble. I did look into rehabs recently but the waiting list is up to a month for the ones my insurance accepts.

Back to you, your plan sounds great and I'm very, very happy for you:). Besides the replacement med treatment you will receive, it may also help you very much to be in a place where you can talk about your past tragedies. I wish for that as well but I don't feel that anyone can convince me as for why my brother killed my father or as for why I had to watch my mom die a slow, tragic death. Plus the fact I've only ever been in extremely abusive relationships. As for that, I akways feel I can "fix" people yet I can't "fix" myself.

Do you know how long your stay will be? I hope you also consider the outpatient intensive therapy. It took my nephew to move away and remain in a sort of "half way" house to remain clean from pills, "h" and just about anything and everything else for the last 6 months. As for me, I have a large home to think about, now a new vehicle, 3 dogs and a cat and a son. I feel like I'm naming excuses but with all I've named, I don't feel I could focus.

As for you remaining in touch (even on here), usually that's not allowable for at least the 1st 30 days. After 7, I do know you can call people though so I hope you have family and friends where you live to at least make calls to. My nephew had me and his mom (yet little did he know we were both still using.....if she still is, I don't know....I had thought we were very close, she was like a mother figure to me since I'm more my nephews age then I am hers.....yet it seemed like when I quit she wanted nothing more to do with me).........back to my nephew, he's 30 years old and I don't think he's been sober since he was 15 but the rehab, half way house, not living in this town anymore, getting a decent job, girlfriend etc...made him a "new man". I hope so much that that's the case with you and I strongly think it will be because as I said you're a VERY strong man <3

I hope you still "check in" on here though:).
All my love and respect goes out to you, my dear friend <3
Sincerely,
Bernadette (who's WEARING pink skirts and pink dresses but still hasn't succumbed to taking the pink pills and I just pray I have the strength to continue).