steroid virgin here... need basic advice

interstate20

Greenlighter
Hello bluelight. so over the past year or two ive done a very good job of letting my body go to shit. ive had a moderate opiate addiction for about 14 months that im slowly but surely working out of my life. This really did a number on me, physically and mentally. Ive lost a good amount of weight and my libido is close to non existent. this is a very big problem considering how slammin my current wifey is.

so im considering doing some kind of hgh or testosterone program... problem is i dont know anything about anything. can anyone suggest anything??? there is soo much information in this forum, most of it may as well be in another language, i just have no idea where to start. please help? MY GOAL is to get ripped AND help out my sex life....

Steroids are really only beneficial to bodybuilders who have reached a plateau and are having difficulty achieving additional goals while training hard and eating right. You're better off beginning a regular training regime and eating well. That'll get your body back into shape.

I'm guessing you are over 21 - if I were you I would start a HRT level of test around 250mg / week test enth or cyp - you should get a bloodwork done to see how your levels are period (and check out the rest, coming from addiction the body should get a check to see if you need any oil changed).

Steroids aren't the answer to the body you want, they can be a great help though. I don't agree fully w/afterglow, but every point about training hard and eating - that is 100% where you will gain. Both in your body comp and in the reward of discipline. Good luck bro.

dude just eat a lot and start working out for 90 mins a day. you'll get huge fast as fuck. no need for steroids.

once you've reached a serious plateau (like 3 yrs) then think about it.

Hello bluelight. so over the past year or two ive done a very good job of letting my body go to shit. ive had a moderate opiate addiction for about 14 months that im slowly but surely working out of my life. This really did a number on me, physically and mentally. Ive lost a good amount of weight and my libido is close to non existent. this is a very big problem considering how slammin my current wifey is.

so im considering doing some kind of hgh or testosterone program... problem is i dont know anything about anything. can anyone suggest anything??? there is soo much information in this forum, most of it may as well be in another language, i just have no idea where to start. please help? MY GOAL is to get ripped AND help out my sex life....

You'd be better off going to the doctor and asking to have test-level checks if you really think you have a deficency. They can talk you through the options and provide a course of treatment.

If you just want to improve your physique then spend some time learning how to workout and eat properly.

To be honest it sounds like you want to replace your drug use with use of another drug. Whilst understandable using steroids for this purpose would not be beneficial.

Forget steroids. IMO, if you have not been working out and dieting for at LEAST a year, you are goin to waste your money. Altough if you had gotten into a car crash or something physically disabling, i suppose it would be acceptable to use them to get back to where you once were. But you can do it natty and save a ton of money.

Well, when coming off an addiction, especially one to opiates, it is going to be hard to have regular moods again. You have lost the ability to feel "happy" naturally. I have experience in this stage of life. Steroids will cause mood swings and, to a person who is coming off of opiates that already has mood problems, this will be problematic. You may be thinking that the roids will give you that little mood "boost" that you need to stay active and healthy without opiates. This is wrong. You need to let your mind and body mellow down and regulate naturally before introducing another chemical. Whenever I quit using opiates for any length of time, I notice a huge natural jump in my test levels. I find that my moods take much longer to even out.Right after quiting my moods are always either really good, or really bad. These things take literally months to even out; the best thing to do in the mean time is pump iron, be strong, and let it all burn slowly.

^

Word to that. I recently kicked a severe 3 year opiate habit, lost all my years of working out in the gym, oddly though not so much while using the opiates but rather during the severe withdrawals, that shit wreaked absolute havoc on the body just disintegrated my health seemingly overnight.

I still feel totally fucked in the head, I describe it as having absolutely no "life" left in me, like every ounce of my desire to live has been pulled out of me, alls I want to do is crawl in a hole and die. I cant even have a conversation with someone, ive never got anything to say to them, no words come to mind, no smile nor no frown, nothings really interesting to me, no passion to do anything, no motivation to do anything, everything feels totally uncomfortable to me wether its wearing clothes or taking a shower its just agitating, nothing, just a fucking zombie really. Shits driving me bonkers, seems like it isnt ever going to go away.

With that said, I wouldnt turn to steroids to try and correct things, in all likelihood its just going to make things worse. However I strongly feel that if you can force yourself to workout, thats going to help get your MENTALITY back into pre-opiate abuse mindframe quicker. I mean a really good workout gives one helluva endorphin rush, and feels alot like an opiate high except even better in my opinion. Only downside is it takes alot more work to get that high than just snorting or shooting some drug.

Im not sure but I think post-opiate addiction the brains really desesntitized to dopamine, and this results in the lack of anything being enjoyable. I imagine it inevitably has to balance back out and resensitize, or at least, thats what im hoping otherwise ill end up strangling myself.

^

Word to that. I recently kicked a severe 3 year opiate habit, lost all my years of working out in the gym, oddly though not so much while using the opiates but rather during the severe withdrawals, that shit wreaked absolute havoc on the body just disintegrated my health seemingly overnight.

I still feel totally fucked in the head, I describe it as having absolutely no "life" left in me, like every ounce of my desire to live has been pulled out of me, alls I want to do is crawl in a hole and die. I cant even have a conversation with someone, ive never got anything to say to them, no words come to mind, no smile nor no frown, nothings really interesting to me, no passion to do anything, no motivation to do anything, everything feels totally uncomfortable to me wether its wearing clothes or taking a shower its just agitating, nothing, just a fucking zombie really. Shits driving me bonkers, seems like it isnt ever going to go away.

With that said, I wouldnt turn to steroids to try and correct things, in all likelihood its just going to make things worse. However I strongly feel that if you can force yourself to workout, thats going to help get your MENTALITY back into pre-opiate abuse mindframe quicker. I mean a really good workout gives one helluva endorphin rush, and feels alot like an opiate high except even better in my opinion. Only downside is it takes alot more work to get that high than just snorting or shooting some drug.

Im not sure but I think post-opiate addiction the brains really desesntitized to dopamine, and this results in the lack of anything being enjoyable. I imagine it inevitably has to balance back out and resensitize, or at least, thats what im hoping otherwise ill end up strangling myself.

All that shit is depressing and it sucks... but its so friggin TRUE. It is hard to find anything that thrills anymore besides the occasional good workout. I dont worry so much about myself since im pretty hardened. But what I do worry about is how it all affects those around me.

Everybody always wants and wants but doesn't wana work at all to achieve it.... Steroids won't do shit for you... you first have to start going to the gym and working out..... see if you can do that for 3 months straight 3-4 days a week. Then decide if steroids are for you!! Don't forget though.... Once you start using them, you have to continue for the rest of your life... Otherwise you get a swollen looking body with no cut......

Don't forget though.... Once you start using them, you have to continue for the rest of your life... Otherwise you get a swollen looking body with no cut......

I hope thats a joke. Otherwise we are all obligated to kick your nuts into your throat and slapping a "douchebag" sticker on your forehead.

I don't get why your telling him not to use them, if steroids are good for fixing a body with aids they are gonna be good for anyone to get in shape, weather novice or pro athelete steroids will help get in shape quicker, just start low doses. I was a boxer for years and when I had injuries they certainly helped me recover

I don't get why your telling him not to use them, if steroids are good for fixing a body with aids they are gonna be good for anyone to get in shape, weather novice or pro athelete steroids will help get in shape quicker, just start low doses. I was a boxer for years and when I had injuries they certainly helped me recover

I think the reason that most in here will shun at recomending steroids to a beginner is a good one. Steroids that are given to AIDS victims are giving under the supervision and recomendation of a doctor. The roids they use are medical pharm grade. If you are going to use that as a comparison, then there are a lot of reasons that prescribed roid use and illegal athlete roid use differ. A first time athlete user could acquire fake roids that are dangerous, use doses that are too high, and not use a pct, all while not having a doctor to tell him/her anything. We dont know what kind of research this person has done, so recomending steroids for first time use is a bad idea. Even if this individual has done all thier research and finds legit stuff, he/she might still be wasting all that money for a cycle that does little or nothing for them, just because they dont have proper experience working out, and will lose any gains. Why not save the money and do the roids two years later, when you have already adapted your body to growing and have the discipline to be able to keep your gains? Not to mention how easy it is to injure yourself while taking roids for the first time. I wouldn't recomend roids for this person on the simple idea that I would feel guilt if they hurt themselves or got sick in any way.

Id be most inclined to say no go due to emotional instability.

Yes lets toss in steroids, which heavily alter emotions as is, into the equation of someone who already has severe emotional problems (an addict). Clean or not, those issues that originally led to the development of the addiction in the first place dont simply go away because you slowed/stopped the addiction.

One thing you often see with addicts are attempts to find the answer to their emotional problem by, get this, ingesting/administering/consuming something. So he stops opiates? Then suddenly goes to steroids. Is he no longer an addict? Id say he would just be trying to supplement his addiction with something else, living within the addicts mentality that the cure to all their problems lies within the bottom of a pill bottle or an ampule. It doesnt.

Emotionally unstable individuals should stay far away from steroids until they address what the real cause of their problems is. Steroids will only worsen it, via 2 mechanisms;

1) Post cycle therapy can be extremely rough emotionally. Especially if your emotionally unstable to begin with - which every addict is.

2) After achieving a good physique, the reality of the achieving the dream never being as beautiful as the dream itself was slaps them in the face. It goes a little something like this; "Damn I was so sure if I just gained 20 lbs back I would feel alot better about myself, but ive gained 30lbs back and fuck I really dont feel any better, there is no hope, I dont know what to do, I have nothing left, I give up"

Anyone who thinks while being in the midst of an opiate addiction, that they should then go on steroids, to me appears as someone who is swirling down a blackhole of internal misery and conflict that is rapidly consuming them and is merely trying to grasp at any little piece of hope left, only to realize the ropes theyre reaching for to pull them out of the hole arent ropes at all, just whispers of smoke. What happens when theyve grabbed every last conceivable whisper of smoke only to have it dissipate within the palm of their hand and fail to slow their descent into the bowels of their internal hell? Very dark things.

The poster likely hasn't made any real confrontation and resolution of what caused them to become an addict in the first place.

And in response to the posters comment; "im slowly but surely working out of my life"... what addict isnt? Thats one of the hallmark cards addicts hand out to their friends, family, and themselves.

Steroids arent the posters answer. Improving his physical self isnt his answer. And in the midst of addiction, it shouldnt even be a fucking dream. Theres far more serious and important and RELEVANT things to address before that.