Speeding tickets and 'end of month quotas'

bingalpaws

Bluelight Crew
Okay, I've been told straight up to my face by police that there is no such thing as monthly quotas, but I suspect there's probably at least 'goals', or that they're evaluated monthly on it. I just did a lot of driving on the end of the month, and saw sooo many police out and pulling people over.

Can anyone explain the specifics as to why there are (or just seems to be) so many more police pullovers at the end of the month? It seems too overwhelming to be in my head.

bingalpaws said:
Can anyone explain the specifics as to why there are (or just seems to be) so many more police pullovers at the end of the month? It seems too overwhelming to be in my head.
since policy and practice varies by state and locality, it is very unlikely that you will get a useful answer here.

can I at least get a concensus this is the norm? I've experienced it regularly in the states that i have spent any real time in...

I don't know how anybody could answer that, unfortunately.

But keep in mind that cops lie all the time, so the fact that one told you something "straight up to your face" doesn't mean very much.

All I can say is that near the end of the month, the police activity in my area is definately on the increase.

See cars pulled over every couple blocks(not the norm!)

I don't believe that "No Quotas" bs for a minute. I see them at the beginning and end of the month a lot more than the middle. I think some cops try and get em done early and others are out at the end of the month last minute getting the rest.

So I drive fast in the middle of the month, and slow er down otherwise.

maybe it's not a 'quota', per se, but rather they're just kind of rated on that kind of thing, like a salesperson selling warranties or somethign. They may not have a specific 'goal/quota', but it's there and tabulated by the month nonetheless.