• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Speed up SSRI`s

I just typed Premature ejaculation and SSRI in google and lookie what I got

In recent years, depressed guys learned that selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) could delay orgasm—a negative side effect for some, but positive for premature ejaculators. Now Johnson & Johnson is developing a treatment for PE that may be available as early as 2006: dapoxetine, a fast-acting SSRI

Not too worried about the limp dick issue, might be amusing to watch my gf try a bit harder.

You might be surprised. Removal of sexual ability and desire is one of the main side effects of many SSRIs. Just because you're horny as hell now doesn't mean the change couldn't happen in you. I'm not saying it would for sure, just that you shouldn't totally discount it as a possiblity because it's a big one.

Xorkoth, I am aware that sexual desire will become less, but right now my "hornyness" is a bit of problem anyway; too much testosterone, not enough chicks:\ , and I would accually be quite pleased If my libido were to decrease. Thats what I meant.

would wellbutrin possibly be better for the poster ? I am considering it , I have citalopram but it is just sitting here unopened meanwhile my pal LOVES his wellbutrin , over 2 yrs on it too.,

naaaah your liver will get messed up. Dont worry itll kick in. I take anti depressants too. After a couple of weeks the depression will soften. Unless your taking it for anxiety disroders, then it will take a few months. If it doesnt work well the first few weeks, then tell your doctor its not working. First shell probably give you some bullshit medication. Then say its still not working. Then she or he will probably give you benzos. They really should work. If it still isnt helping, tell her. I havent beeen farther than that.

liver fucked by wellbutrin ? I dunno I have an amazing Liver.

but I will look into it thanks

shroomcloud said:
Xorkoth, I am aware that sexual desire will become less, but right now my "hornyness" is a bit of problem anyway; too much testosterone, not enough chicks:\ , and I would accually be quite pleased If my libido were to decrease. Thats what I meant.

with all due respect, sounds like the need for pharmacological correction of whatever affliction happens to trouble would be obviated were you to go and GET LAID! ;-)

haha, nice one nanobrain. I will do as you suggest and get my game on... even though a certain online "doctor" from herballove.com claims that premature ejaculation is caused by spanking the salami too much a a young age. So the dude, dont know if he`s a real doctor, said that I wasnt to wank it, or have sex more than 3 times a week, and my PE problems would subside. And that it will stop me from going bald....

About the cit.. I feel its antidepressant effecs already(day4), and I was expecting it to work like this. It`s not mild at all. It`s more like super-extended-relase adderall. Hyped up, sweaty palms, slight jaw clenching etc...

I also noticed what colors called the "rage", everything that made me sad before, makes me more angry than sad now.
I can`t even imagine being sad right now, it really feels a bit like amp or coke to me. This has not made my anxiety less, but maybe things will change in due time.

Last edited:
As far as the 5HT1 autoreceptor desensitisation theory goes, I got the impression was that the best thing to do would be to whack them as soon as possible.
SSRIs works by increasing calcium DEPENDENT 5HT release. E works by causing calcium INDEPENDENT 5HT release.
So an SSRI would cause a small increase in 5HT release, then a decrease in serotonergic firing and a decrease in 5HT release.
E will cause 5HT release whether there's serotonergic activity or not, but would still cause 5HT1 desensitisation.
So doing E just prior starting a course of SSRIs could possibly shorten this downer phase.
Failing that, a 5HT1 agonist might have a similar effect, albeit not as potently.
For the record I've been on venlafaxine before, which is a mixed SSRI/SNRI. It was certainly an 'interesting' experience although I'm not sure exactly how it would compare to an pure SSRI.

Oh...and I reckon the case of Mr Floppy is to do with 5HT2C sesensitisation