Sorry Guys, Relapsed!

Nibblez

Bluelighter
I used to be a speed addict, but I've been clean for about 3 months now. However, I just relapsed yesterday. I just have too much to do and not enough time. I'm in college and this semesters it just so happens that ALL of my professors decided to be cute and give exams and make major projects/papers due the week before finals and not give mandatory finals. I have a paper due today, a project due tomorrow and an exam tomorrow, an exam Wednesday, a project due Thursday, and an exam on Thursday. 3 exams, 2 projects and a paper. On the bright side, I only have 1 mandatory final exam, the rest are optional and can be taken to replace a low grade, but I have no low grades so they wont help much.

So yeah, I'll be on and off Vyvanse for the next few days. It's not quite as bad as the amphetamine salts I used to abuse, but still...

I feel like it's justified, but I still kind of feel like I let you guys down. :(

But I just hafta make that 4.0. Or at the very least a 3.8. I'm just neurotic that way.

PS- on a brighter note, I spent one night studying for a really hard exam while hopped up, and got 100%! The class average was only a 70! That makes me so happy! :D

You don't have to apologize to anybody, the decision to use drugs or not is your own to make.

Just remember that once you graduate, unless you are trying to get into a competitive grad program, GPA isn't as important as we make it out to be. I was the same and put a lot of pressure on myself to get high grades. But GPA measures only academic performance and there are other things that matter more.

Good luck with your exams :)

Yeah dont be sorry man, there's a difference between using and abusing a drug so I wouldnt beat yourself up too much over this. Good luck to you in your exams, you can do it! :D

There are relapses and there are relapses. In your case your relapse resulted in academic success! So in the grand scheme of relapses yours is no biggie.

I'm in a similar situation as you, amphetamines have definitely boosted my GPA a bit. I think amphetamine use among college students will always be a trend. How damaging it is, I couldn't say.

Once exams are over maybe you can reevaluate and alter your studying habits, so that you won't be forced to cram in several projects at once. Thus having less of a craving to use. I'm a hypocrite by saying this though!

you dont have to be sorry about that at all, it happens, and by the way good job on that 100% you got on that exam, thats awesome!!!

Good luck (sincerely) amphetamine will not help you pass any exam. You must be damn sober.

Hope you are okay.

Regards.