• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Someone who knows fentanyl/mega opiate withdrawal - please help me.

I forget, were you dependent on methadone or fent? IIRC it is fent, so at least once you start the acute withdrawal from that it shouldn't last longer than 5-7 days. It is possible it could last longer, but with such a short acting opioid it's likely to be a week or there abouts (fent withdrawal tends to peak around day 3 abstience).

Fentanyl. Yes, but with a taper you go through the WDs over and over. This is my third drop, and so I guess I am getting used to it.

That's good to hear! It should definitely provide you with learning about resiliency, which is oh so useful in recovery :)

Hi, It seems that I can't go lower than 12.5 at this time. My injury pain is just too much (as you suggested might happen). I was resorting to taking Mobic for the pain, which brings my platelets low. So I was risking my life to get off the fentanyl, which doesn't seem very smart. So I am searching for NSAIDs that don't affect platelets in people, but are strong. I am happy I got this far, it was a resiliency test for sure. And happy to be more sensitive to which movements hurt my existing injuries. I couldn't 'feel' them as well on 25s, so it was worth it to me. Thank you for your support and I will be back to BL, SL hopefully in the near future.

Glad to hear your feeling clearer about your situation. Just so you know, abstience is not a prerequisite for participation in SL. We are happy to have anyone interested in a healthier lifestyle, so please don't feel like you don't belong here just because you are using a opioid based medication as prescribed. Absolutely nothing wrong with that in and of itself!

Regardless, be well OP.

Hello, I am posting to my old thread because there is so much important detail and valuable information here, and it provides an almost identical context for what I am embarking on at this point in time. The only update for the past two years is that my pain was bad enough that I had to return to 25mcgs of fentanyl every 48 hours. But glory be, there have been huge changes in my body towards healing over the past six months, so I am beginning a slow taper of fent. again.

However, this time I have plenty of patches, so I don't have to rush. I am cutting 10% of my does every six days. So at this point I am on 22.7 mcgs. and will drop another 2.3 mcgs the next patch, so I will be down to 20.4 for six more days and so on.

My only question, after re-reading this valuable thread is does this WD sound too fast for a slow taper? In short, I drop 10% and hold steady for six days then repeat.

I am hoping Jabberwocky is still around, but will appreciate any feedback from people who know long term fent use WD.