• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Some Important info on using opiates/subutex that is worth reading for opiate users

Konfuscious

Greenlighter
Hey guys, this is my first post, and I wanted to talk about two things that might help some of you out. This info really was critical for me.

In my experience, as a way to keep withdrawal off, subutex was a miracle drug for me, however if you are like me and really aren't serious about quitting and use it just to keep the sick off until you can re-up on your DOC, then there are some things I found out through my personal experiences that I felt are worth sharing, they will help someone out for sure. My first love is and always will be Dilaudid (hydromorphone), and I mainline it 3-4 times daily whenever I have it. As a matter of fact I prefer to bang any opiate, except subutex, and its my opinion that any other route of administration is a waste. I won't even mess with any low grade opiates like vicodin or percocet, or anything blended with tylenol in it anymore ever since I picked up the needle. It is important if you go that route though, you don't make the mistakes I did, and I wish I had a post like this to read when I first started injecting. Here are some things I learned along the way that will keep you from wasting dope, wasting rigs, and being frustrated to the point that you break shit in your place. Also some tips on finding veins and safety that I use every shot that I made into part of my routine, and have kept me from any health issues so far (knock on wood).

Whenever I run out of lady D I use Subutex until I can re-up. It sucks where I live because the doctors here are extremely hypersensitive when it comes to prescribing good opiates, or any opiates for that matter, so if you are able to find one here you are lucky. To make matters worse, the people who call themselves dealers here would get shot where I am from (Chicago) for being just downright shady. I haven't been able to find one person anywhere around here that just gives you what you pay for, or even just gives you real dope (simple, right?) or doesn't overcharge the hell out of you - the prices for black market pills here are a joke. Just ridiculous. So as I am an educated adult who has self respect and basic morals and ethics, I decided not to depend on or even deal with these scam artists here and get my stuff my own way :) . If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. You cannot depend on or trust anyone, especially when it concerns opiates. Some people will fuck over their own friends and families to get opiates ..... I am not one of those people. I love opiates as much as anyone, but you have to have some lines drawn somewhere. Its unfortunate that not many people think that way nowadays.

Something to be noted though, you have to stop taking Subutex in my experience about 4 days or so before you use regular full agonist opiates again if you want the rush. I screwed up this month and only gave myself like 36 hours without subs before shooting dilaudid, and it didn't work. No rush. I got high, about half as high as I would normally get and it was weaker and disappointing. It took until 2 days after that before I started feeling the rush again, and even still it was't as strong as it should be. Alot of people think that subutex as opposed to suboxone will not block your high because it doesn't have naloxone in it, but people who think that way are uneducated in pharmacology and just regurgitate things they hear on the street. The naloxone is not responsible for blocking an opiate dose, what it does is flush your opiate receptors, knock off any opiates binding to them, and then the buprenorphine binds to them and blocks any other drugs from binding to them. Buprenorphine has the highest binding affinity of any opiate drug, and it is only a partial agonist, meaning it only partially activates the receptors, which is why you feel some effects of being on opiates but not the whole nine yards. So basically it flushes everything off your opiate receptors and then it hogs them. So if you are doing lets say like in my case dilaudid, and you run out and start popping buprenorphine right away you will go into precipitated withdrawal, and that really sucks because its not like normal withdrawal which is gradually bad its like peak withdrawal all at once and its terrible. Its ugly. So make sure if you are going to do what I do you wait until you actually start feeling withdrawal before you start dosing bupe, or its counter-productive. You just get yourself really sick.

Also, people on the internet have mixed views about slamming bupe. I have done it, but I agree with people that say you shouldn't. It looks like shit in the rig, foamy and just cloudy as hell, the first time i shot it I was with a girl who does it all the time (no idea why) and she said that is how its supposed to look. I was hesitant about shooting that into my veins and for good reason, but I did it anyway thinking it would give me a better dose. It sucked. I did it a few more times after that and my veins got hard as hell, and they were my two favorite veins in the center of the elbow, and to this day I can't register there anymore. So there was no point to shooting bupe in my opinion, it works immediately, but that's it. It does nothing else no rush, it doesn't last as long, and it isn't a stronger or better high. In other words its just not worth it to inject bupe. Make sure you don't heat it up either unless you want to shoot gel, that looks like wet baby powder you probably wont even be able to get it into your rig if you cook it. Its nasty shit, I know it tastes horrible but there are no benefits to mainlining it so I just take it sublingually, and it works fine, but if you are like me you might need a little higher dose to keep that mental nagging and the edginess of withdrawal at bay.

Finding Veins:
In the beginning finding veins was simple, I used the cliche' crook of the elbow veins everyone uses right away. What messed me up was that I would register in them, and then I would be afraid I wouldnt register at another site so I kept using those spots over and over again. Rotate injection sites! I wish someone had really explained to me what happens if you don't. Basically you develop scar tissue and it enhances your track marks. I have two reddish purple distinctive track marks that I can feel scar tissue under from not rotating sites, and to this day I can't register in either spot. I hate that, and I hope they heal someday. I really wish I knew what I was doing when I first started injecting.
It's easier to feel for veins than use only ones you can see. I found many sites I have used through just tying off and feeling for them. They feel the same way a sponge feels if you press on it, it bounces back up and you can run your finger over the entire track of the vein so you can see where the best place to inject is, by rule I go for wherever it is long enough for the entire needle to slide in and fit and fat and thick enough that you can feel it with your eyes closed. I am like 5'10 about 200 lbs, I am not fat, but I am not David Beckham either (god what I would do if I was), so its harder to find veins on me. A couple of things I do to help find them is for one I tie off and feel for a spot when I am not actually preparing a dose, so I am not all excited and making bad decisions. Once I find a couple areas, before I shoot up I will go in the bathroom and turn the shower on and let it steam up. I hang out in there for like ten mins and maybe shave or something, and when you come out you will notice that your veins have all surfaced. Through on a hoody, go prepare your dose, and you should be able to find a spot no problem. Also this might sound stupid but shaving your arms helps your veins surface, I have no idea why. It works though. Also if you run a rag under hot water and massage your arms with it, that helps bring them up as well. Heat seems to work the best, so if you can keep your body temperature up and wear a hoody whenever you know you are going to shoot up it helps.

I also always use new rigs, every shot, and I always have a supply of alcohol wipes. Rigs are like 3 dollars for 10 and wipes are 2 dollars for a hundred. There is no excuse for me not to us a new needle every time, and wipe off my injection sites every time before and after I inject. If you live in a state where you can't buy rigs from your local pharmacy without a prescription, you can just order them online. They cost a little more but you also can buy them by the hundreds so its really smarter to order them online anyway.

Blowing Veins:
I had a problem with this a few times, actually alot after I lost my two favorite sites in my arms and had to go looking for new sites in my wrists and hands where the veins are smaller. The key to not doing this is all in the technique. When you inject, tie off not too tight so your circulation isn't cut off because that will cause even a thick vein to blow sometimes, and make sure you loosen the tie before you push the plunger down so you get a smooth flush into your vein. Wherever you inject, inject at a 30-45 degree angle, then once you think you are in the vein, lower the rig and advance in parallel so the whole needle is in the vein - this stops the needle from moving in the vein and rolling out or piercing the other side of the vein and blowing it. Push the plunger down at a nice even pace. If you rush the plunger you run the risk of blowing the vein, and it hurts and looks terrible so just go nice and easy. This is especially important if you are shooting into your wrist or your hand, you have to be super careful because the veins are so small ... I blew one in my wrist under my forearm and my whole forearm swelled up, i literally watched the vein fill up and blow, and it sucks because you dont see it right away so by the time it starts visibly swelling you already blew it. Its obvious what you were doing to other people when you blow a vein, so be careful.

If anyone knows how to heal trackmark scars I can use the advice. Thanks in advance.

I hope this helps some of you out. Message me if you have any questions, I am just trying to help. I wish I knew somebody like me when I first started.

Sorry but please educate that girl tell her about micron filters if she shoots solution that looks like you described she won't be able to do it very long cause that stuff is going to destroy all her veins.

Also you are giving the naloxone in suboxone too much credit it's only function is tricking gullible junkies, officials, doctors

Where is the HR value here? Can we organize this thread into a better format if we want it to stay open? Thanks.

also, i shoot up bupre daily and my shots look almost completely clear, and i use cotton! lol...

i only use likw 50-200mics at a time though. i love IV bupre, i nodd out everyday now and i have been on bupre daily for well over a year, with only 1 month where i was without it. so it has been a total of like 14-18months so far. i find the smaller the shots the better the rush, there is a sweet spot for me though which is around 0.15mg at a time. in fact i just shot up a 75micgram shot (0.075mg) and i am fightin to keep my eyes open.

yes .... smaller doses over time = more norbuprenorphine

i get higher from .2mg three times a day than .3 twice a day than .6mg once a day, and so on

also, i shoot up bupre daily and my shots look almost completely clear, and i use cotton! lol...

i only use likw 50-200mics at a time though. i love IV bupre, i nodd out everyday now and i have been on bupre daily for well over a year, with only 1 month where i was without it. so it has been a total of like 14-18months so far. i find the smaller the shots the better the rush, there is a sweet spot for me though which is around 0.15mg at a time. in fact i just shot up a 75micgram shot (0.075mg) and i am fightin to keep my eyes open.
can you inject buprenorphine and naloxone subliminal films? And what's the best way to break it down?