Sodium Bromide for severe benzo WD

molly897

Bluelighter
herro

my husband is still going through the emotional/irritable symptoms of a very long 6 month benzo WD. he takes .5mg of mine every three days. we're getting sodium bromide tomorrow after reading all of the reviews. i have looked through the site but wanted some opinions in here, as there are tons of benzo wders. do you think he's past the seizure stage? its why ive been giving him mine because three days past and the shakes get so bad it's like he could have one, plus he's had one before from weed while WDing from benzos (not unheard of)

he was never on as much as me (10mg) and i never suffered nearly as bad as him, and i CDd it. i had already been on it for a bit but he kind of just started taking it. we blew out a tire once and i had my bottle with me and had a serious panic attack and at the time was abusing so i took 8mg at once (it was fine for me), but then so did he. so maybe the sudden onset is the reason behind the long ass and shitty WDs.

so anyone with experience with the bromine tablets, let me know anything! i read 3-5gs a day over the course of a while will create bad effects, even leading to psychosis but what is the normal dosage for WDing, i believe i read around 0.3?

thanks!!

Hi molly, it is difficult to say without knowing what benzo he is taking!

Really sorry he's having a hard time. A slow taper is the least painful and safest way to come off benzos for sure.. would your husband consider seeing a doctor instead of taking your pills? They could help establish him on a good tapering regime and provide additional support, as well as making sure there is no risk of seizures..

I don't know much about sodium bromide for benzo withdrawal I am afraid, except that it is sometimes used and protects against seizures, but it isn't common. I'd be interested in hearing more too!

Good luck to you and your husband <3

sorry i said he took mine and some people know im on klonopin some dont

its been used since the 1800s and used to be sold otc and is still used in vets. literally just salt that releases bromine which prevents seizures but is ofc dangerous is larger doses not associated or even meaningful to take

Sodium bromide (potassium bromide is used for the same things) has a very narrow therapeutic index so it can go toxic very quickly and cause a whole wack of nasty symptoms including bromism. So id skip that personally.

One thing he could do is switch over to valium and taper off using that instead. Valium is used because of it's super long half life and much more adjustable doses as you can go right down to the 2mg pill's. So you can taper off as slow as you want thus you can usually avoid the worst symptoms. I'm not a doctor by any means but that is one way that alot of people taper off.