• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
I am helping to build a program for a sober living. Currently doing research, and part of that is to find out what people like and what people don't like. If there has been nothing you liked about them, feel free to vent and rant about all the things you hated, and be specific as to what and why.

Some questions to maybe get things stirring.

1.How long was your stay at the sober living?

2.How many times have you been to a sober living?

3.How many different sober living have you been to, in total? In what state?

4.What was your favorite thing about the sober living?

5.What bothered you most about the sober living?

6.What would you like to see at a sober living that you haven't before? Simple or Grandiose.

7.Do you think your stay at a sober living helped you?

This is a chance for me to try to make a difference, and your voices will matter. Probably one of the few times where even just complaining might make a difference. And a lot of the complaints may be completely valid., as regulations are fairly loose when it comes to sober livings, and varies widely state to state.

Any and all feedback will be much appreciated, as I would like to hear from as many people as possible. Thank you.

Last edited:
Half way houses are symbolic of not only the transition in life for that person but also the amount of effort that they choose to put into it.

If you want to improve yourself, asking for help is only half of the work.

The amount an individual puts into their own recovery will be directly linked to the amount of their success, for sure. We want to create an environment which encourages healthy lifestyle, which would including building self-efficacy. We can't nor do we intend on doing the work for them, but we do intend on building a structured environment which encourages success.

I already have a fairly good idea of what it's going to look like, but was hoping to get some input as to what others would want it to look like. I'm not here to promote anything, only get feedback from people who have experienced it and have opinions. The goal is to go above and beyond current industry standards, which as of now, are rather low due to lack of regulations. Good news is that all of that will be changing due to recent laws being passed. One of the cool things about this is that I get to advocate for those with substance use disorder, myself included.