• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober life

Taylorrose1

Greenlighter
Okay so this is my first time not high on something meth, heroine, pills, coke.
this is my first day this is the 12th hour not being high. The pain is unbearable. I honestly don't think that I will be able to handle this. And it doesn't help that I've not ate in 11 days. I'm so miserable. Oh and not to mention that I overdosed three days ago on meth.

Ride it out. You done it to yourself. Push through the pain for a couple of weeks and stay off the drugs!! Get active, Eat healthy drink water and will make you recover quicker. Worst thing to do is sit at home feeling sorry for yourself. Tough love the only way. Good luck

Hello and welcome to Bluelight. I've been there (on Suboxone now going on a year after about a year on dope and then a year off and three on Suboxone and five on dope etc...) You can do it. If it's dope you know that you can get through 3 days and after that it's a piece of cake and gone in 5 to a week. The hard part is gonna be later. This is just your body revolting against yourself. Mind over matter, dude. I'm sure you've done this before, we all have. You know what to do Just psych yourself into it. Gotta keep hydrated and fed. Ensure and some of the other liquid shake type things can give you nutrients if your stomach is giving you problems. Focus on just controlling some symptoms, some Benadryl, some loperamide, pepto. Keep drinking fluids. Water is good, Gatorade is better. But essential to get something in your stomach both food (even if in a Nutrament/Ensure kind of shake) and drink. And maintain. Sleep through what you can (Vistaril, Atarax), a few Valium or whatever throughout the time. You'll make it.

I am going to move your post to our forum dedicated to Sober Living where you will find some more specific support than here, it's a much more active board and oriented specifically towards that issue.

OP hasn't posted since Jan 5 on this site, I doubt we'll hear anything.

Apparently OD'd on meth, didn't go the hospital... and somehow went blind in 1 eye. Hope they got their butt to the ER after all that, geez.

OP hasn't posted since Jan 5 on this site, I doubt we'll hear anything.

Apparently OD'd on meth, didn't go the hospital... and somehow went blind in 1 eye. Hope they got their butt to the ER after all that, geez.

I'll second that startingover! and SKL all great advise hopefully op reads it i used ensure during my wds great stuff!.