• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

So like, doctor prescribed me Mirapex (pramipexole) for opiate induced RLS?!

Isn’t a dopamine agonist going to aggravate symptoms of rls induced by opioid wd?

Gabapentin helps but after a follow up appointment the doc told me to try this. Suggestions?

Looks a lot like another medication sometimes used to treat RLS associated with opioid withdrawal, Ropinirole.

Frankly I tend to believe GBP is more appropriate along with something like clonidine and diazepam when it comes to really severe RLS, but if your symptoms aren't insane this med should help.

I'd this a shot though. If you get any uncomfortable side effects stop taking it and push for GBP. Ropinirole can lead some weird side effects (though I didn't notice any), so I imagine this might as fell for some people.

Let us know how it works/what you end up doing.

I prefer clonidine over pramipexole for RLS, but the latter can be fairly efficacious. It can also cause insomnia and leave you feeling pretty weird for the first week or so. Clonidine is thus generally more tolerable unless you carefully taper up your prami dose (ie break the tablets up and slowly increase the dose day by day until it works) and take it just before bed.

Agreed. Stuff like clonidine and gabapentin seem to have less problematic side effects when used to treat RLS IMO. And like I said, ropinirole in my case was only useful for low level linger RLS after coming off buprenorphine. I imagine it would be less effective than gabapentin+clonidine for acute RLS, but it would be interesting to find out.

I agree it would be interesting to know how gabapentin and prami would work in combo (assuming OP is still using gabapentin).