Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

So I gave my cat Lorazepam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning-Nl

Bluelighter
Yes you read that right - I literally gave my cat Lorazepam (I'm not using 'my cat' as a way to hide my identity).

It was actually, entirely an accident. I was opening up my Ativan bottle, pouring out the pills so I could take one and accidentally dropped a couple on the ground (1 milligram pills). My cat was rubbing up against my legs (he does that when hes hungry) and he must of thought those pills were food - and before I could stop him, he ate one.

Knowing the lethal doses of Lorazepam, I knew that he wasn't going to die from 1 milligram. However, 1 milligram to me (or any other human) is roughly equivalent to 17 milligrams in him. I expected him to be knocked out by it and sleep the day away, but something really odd happened instead...

Within a couple hours he actually got really hyper and had no sense of inhibition at all. Normally he's a pretty good cat - doesn't fight with my other cats, and just prowls around the house. Well after ingesting this, he became really bitey. He was attacking my other cats (in a playful sense, but still being 'naughty' so to speak) and got into a fight with one of his siblings. Then he started begging me to pet him (something which he never does) and started licking my hand every time I got close to him.

He was running all around the house - it was almost paradoxical in that sense. It was almost like it was a stimulant. But he walked with a swagger. He was very 'drunk' obviously, and would sway from side-to-side everywhere he went. He kept running into walls, and kept mistaking dust bunnies for mice or something and kept pouncing on them. Eventually I got worried by how much he was hitting his head, so I picked him up and attempted to keep ahold of him while watching TV. He wouldn't have this at all. Literally the moment I picked him up, he started biting me over and over as hard as he could. Again, that's something he never does.

I believe the Lorazepam had this effect on him because it completely diminished his inhibitions. He probably just didn't care and went ahead and did it (something which happens to most people who take Benzo's). Anyways, I thought this was worth sharing :)

If anyone has any comments or questions - feel free to ask.

This isn't appropriate for this forum (or anywhere on Bluelight for that matter). Don't give your pets drugs....

I'm closing this. It's certainly not a Trip Report...please read the posting guidelines before making threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.