• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SNRI VS SSRI for restoring sex drive depleted by adderall addiction

adhdanon

Greenlighter
was on lexapro 10 mg with adderall and it worked ok for awhile (at least I thought) until I realized I actually was ADHD and needed the dopamine to get going and the excess SSRI dose dumbed me down OR I got better and just didnt belong in grad school so stopped going to classes (but also didnt care about my ex-gfs drug use which was a problem) Switched to a low dose of Zoloft at 25 mg instead of the normal 50 mg and I have severe PTSD Anxiety from childhood trauma and the horror show my past relationship put me through. I'm starting my job tomorrow and my psych says switch to effexor 75 mg immediately, I do notice i have maybe a bit more clarity on the SNRI as well as more of a sex drive i think because of the norpenefrine from adderall but it also causes a fight or flight reaction similar to adderall sides. Do I increase my Zoloft dose and just take my ADHD meds with that? my abusers here want me to stay on a lower dose but i know for sure I need to either up my SSRI or take the SNRI (withdrawals I heard are worse which is why I'm hesitant to take the SNRI. Thanks!