• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Snort snort shot

Wonderfulpancakes

Greenlighter
I am a long time reader of BL but this will be my first post. I am addicted to not being sober. I've dealt with alcoholism since I was 8 years young and I still drink everyday. I've snorted crack, abused heroin, meth, pcp, cocaine habitually my whole life and at the age of 22- been incarcerated, od, lied, cheated, stolen- I've miraculously snapped back from prostitution and I've landed upright on my feet kinda. I am now 26, employed and for lack of better words functioning... Up until 10 months ago. I snort and eat crank like it's going out of style. I'm safe and I know my limits from pushing my limits. I can snort and or eat 3 grams of crank a day throughout my day, . I don't enjoy smoking or shooting up dope anymore. I have not snorted or shot heroin in 5 months. I also don't want to IV heroin anymore. I only want to snort it, and I've slowly very slowly been building up my tolerance these past few months and I'm right where I want to be with china white. I legit took my broken wings and learned fly.

Putting my alcoholism aside because I drink excessively everyday, I habitually now snort meth and heroin- what goes up must comedown and when I'm not under the influence or sleeping it off I'm working 2 good jobs 6 days a week to support my habits and friends habits, rent, car insurance etc.

Regardless I already have Hep C and I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I take my meds with ice, bourbon and dope.

I ask BL for a little guidance on how I can choose between my poisons. I get bored with meth, switch to drinking and land on heroin it's a vicious cycle day to day. I have no desire to stop using drugs but inevitably my lifestyle continued with all three will kill me.

Snorting & eating crank vs snorting heroin vs alcohol. Can anyone relate to me: a 26 year old female with these three combined addictions?

As a fellow polydrug addict, I can relate and empathize. My advice would be to kick the alcohol first. That one has to go, as it is literally poison. I am trying to do that myself.

As a fellow polydrug addict, I can relate and empathize. My advice would be to kick the alcohol first. That one has to go, as it is literally poison. I am trying to do that myself.
I agree that alcohol should go first because I believe it is the hardest thing to kick. I kicked opiates and managed to curb my benzo use to therapeutic doses but I just can't quit drinking.

Another good reason to concentrate on reducing your booze intake is that for many of us, alcohol impairs our decision-making and can lead to impulsivity, which in poly-drug situations can easily snowball into a bigger binge.

Try to remember: you don’t need to be perfect in your behavior. If you can simply do less damage less often that’s way better than nothing. In other words, I recommend considering a few smallish goals to convening at the outset, as opposed to trying to put the breaks on the entire problem.