• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Smoking other species of tobacco

ralf2

Bluelighter
Regular tobacco, Nicotiana Tabacum, is quite widespread in use. But there is alot of other tobacco species, some of them also contain nicotine. I was wondering if anyone here has tried smoking any of the other species? Was the effect different than regular tobacco?

Nicotiana Rustica at least has a history of use, both in south america and in europe. I think especially in Russia, where it's known as mahkorka. I've read here that it has a bit more entheogenic effects, supposedly due to harmala alkaloids. (Does anyone have a scientific reference for that?) But perhaps only due to it having a higher amount of nicotine?

It also seems Nicotiana Sylvestris has a similar level of nicotine.

I've started growing both N. Rustica and N. Sylvestris. It will be interesting to have a pipe of each.

Here is an interesting paper which analyzes the different species for nicotine and other alkaloids:
https://content.sciendo.com/view/journals/cttr/14/6/article-p327.xml

I have smoked mapacho, a South American tobacco from the Amazon region. It was more entheogenic than regular tobacco. If you go to forums like the DMT nexus you will find a lot more people who have tried it, because it's popular in places where they use ayahuasca. There are medicine men there who specialize in the use of tobacco called tabaqueros.

Once I got offered to smoke an official American native tobacco mixture in the coresponding ceremonial pipe. Did like a pro, had been practicing with weed daily for a while. Noteworthy the mixture came in a bag not a commercial package. Like sigs or shag/ rolling tobacco.

And I have a hard time finding out the origin at the moment which part the tribe originated. But leaning to Lakota/ wellknown chief being 'Sitting Bull'. Died before my time rip.

The smoke could have been.

"Kinnickinnick (an Ojibwe word) literally means "what is mixed," and refers to plant materials that Indian people mixed with tobacco for smoking. Use of kinnickinnick was widespread in North America but the ingredients varied regionally. In the Woodlands, the favorite ingredients were the inner bark of certain willows, dogwoods, or sumac leaves. The final mixture usually only contained about one third tobacco." from http://www.mpm.edu/content/wirp/ICW-166.html

It was a good smoke relatively easy on the lungs. Would have been impossible with regular and hard with the so called natural tobacco's available. Nice big cloud and relatively soft on the inside. No coughs, but like I mentioned I was prepared. Otherwise it would have lead to a coughfest most probably.

No more psychoactiveness noted then Nicotiana tabacum (regular tobacco) products.

Snorting tobacco mixture's can be a bit stronger. But I would not advice using them the way intended, hurts like a mofo.
To bad the last real ancient site windmill 'de Lelie" (the Lilly) had to stop
Old school video of the mill in the black and white era, I recommend the few minutes spend, it's nostalgikly old. Watch the snuff go in and the sneeze at the end!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEqQS5CkWLY

EU regulations concerning tobacco products made them stop. In the past the ingredients of the diff snuffs they produced was online, to bad nice things have to go while Marlboro is still openly sold. One of the 2 snuffs I bought was exceptionally strong for a tobacco product. Strongest effect I encountered through a tobacco product.

Last edited:
I have now smoked both the Nicotiana Rustica and N. Sylvestris that I grew. They both have effects that are kind of similar to regular tobacco. I smoked them in a pipe, not inhaling the smoke. Both seem a bit harder to keep lit than regular tobacco, but I'm also not a master at drying and curing tobacco...

The Rustica is stronger then regular tobacco for sure, but not massively. Maybe twice the strenght? I think it's also a bit more "stoning", but perhaps it's just because you get a bigger dose of nicotine. Pretty mild taste (due to less than great curing?).

Sylvestris seem to have a comparable strenght to normal tobacco. Seems to be a bit gentler on the heart and circulation. From an article I read it has a majority of nornicotine and a smaller amount of nicotine. Otherwise similar effect to regular tobacco. Has some bitter notes in the taste.

I've built up a tolerance to snuffing tobacco, everyday most of the day since February. I've just started on this particular snuff that's made from nicotiana rustica. All I can say is I have to be careful with doses or I won't sleep for a long time

" Fox rose once more and said that he would distribute the seeds to everyone, and they were to plant it far off where the women would not come."
Are they hiding their smokes from their women 😂