View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smokable Psychedelics

MyFaceBurns

Greenlighter
My friend recently acquired a couple of grams of an unknown herbal substance, a substance he quickly learnt has psychedelic properties when smoked, and it got me thinking; what psychedelics are there that can be taken in this way? Neither he nor I have any idea what this stuff is, but it's definitely not any of the ones we know - DMT, salvia, weed, PCP, ketamine - that can be smoked. I'm not asking for help identifying this by the way, I'm just asking for a list of psychedelics that can be smoked.

Surprisingly, quite a few. The 5-meo and simple tryptamines come to mind... though I've even heard of people vaping phenethylamines like the 2c's or NBOMe's. Also, if I'm not mistaken even the 4-subbed tryptamines are smokable in freebase form.

Obviously nobody is gonna be able to ID your product, and it looks like you already know that's not even allowed, but I have heard of smoking blends containing 5-meo-dalt before. Potent full agonist cannabinoids themselves can alse be very psychedelic, never underestimate their potential ;)

Last edited:
nicely worded!

There's an awful lot of synthetic cannabinoids & I'd expect most of them to function quite adequately through combustion or vapourising. Alot of the synthetcs are also powerful little fuckers, sometimes active at considerably less than a single milligram. In higher doses cannabis itself is psychedelic & I see no reason to presume that the synthetics would not be too. My own brief experiments with AM2201 proved all of the above, at least in the case of that particular compound. Unfortuntately, the effects weren't pleasant enough to seek to repeat, & since AM2201 was banned, I have tried to steer clear of synthetics even as the numbers of people adversely affected by them increases.

I'd go very easy unless or until you can ID the substance you are dealing with, because it seems quite easy to OD on smokable chemicals, & ODing on a synthetic cannabinoid sounds a dangerous business. If you're UK, I guess Wedinos might be able to help you out. Send some in to them. If you're not UK perhaps you're own country offers some sort of testing service. Could you ask whomever your friend got it off..?

Most chemical compounds can be smoked if you are careful with the amount of heat you apply, any amount of pyrolysis from too much heat would waste material plus make the vapour much harsher and nastier tasting

Most of them can be smoked & cannabinoids can have psychedelic effects too, it's impossible to tell what was in some unidentified blend you smoked without a professional lab testing it. It was most likely some synthetic cannabinoid, but which one or combination is anybody's guess, there are so many new ones. Most synthetic cannabinoids seem pretty dangerous too, even to somebody who consumes reckless amounts of unresearched chemicals, my kidneys hurt just from thinking about synthetic cannabinoids. Try to stick to taking drugs you can identify before you consume rather than trying to guess afterwards.

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses.

It was sold as 'spice' to my friend, which we know is the generic term for synthetic cannabis, but it really doesn't look/smell/have the properties of any synthetic weed he's smoked before. Like I said, it seems very herbal, like a natural plant.

I do live in the UK, so I'll send some in to Wedinos and find out conclusively that way. I didn't even know about Wedinos before this thread.

I've told my friend to not do drugs he doesn't know the identity of but he always ends up doing them again anyway.