• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sleep Study for Pain Management?

BizMarkie112

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone,

My PM doctor gave everyone letters saying he needs each of us to do a sleep study.
I know if you have sleep apnea you can be put on a CPAP machine at night but is there
anything else I need to worry about? (Drop in medication, etc).
I suspect I could have sleep apnea so I?m a bit nervous. Even if I sleep 8 hours I don?t wake up feeling refreshed. I did have an issue about 15-16 years ago (before PM) where I woke up and couldn?t breathe. That happened twice in a two week span but I haven?t had issues since. I don?t snore though so I?m not sure.
Anyways, I?m just wondering if I could be taken off my meds if I do in fact have sleep apnea.

Thanks!

I am having a problem editing.
Commmodore64 just isn't the same.

You said it was years ago that you had the breathing issues but none since.

The meds ,the what happened to you stuff is sort of vital here.

Your simplest answer is you are guaranteed a test and they more than likely will be pushing a cpap machine on you

I knew someone who had it. Their model had a SD card reader so the doctor can check the progress/compliance

In the end your health matters most.

I am having a problem editing.
Commmodore64 just isn't the same.

You said it was years ago that you had the breathing issues but none since.

The meds ,the what happened to you stuff is sort of vital here.

Your simplest answer is you are guaranteed a test and they more than likely will be pushing a cpap machine on you

I knew someone who had it. Their model had a SD card reader so the doctor can check the progress/compliance

In the end your health matters most.

Your absolutely right about my health.
My story is I had back surgery about 8 years ago and I haven’t been the same since. I have drop foot, constant shooting pain down my leg, numb, etc.
Back when I had that isolated incident about 15 years ago I was a heavy drinker
(pretty much everyday). I had the breathing issue twice in a 10-14 day period in about 2004.
It has not happened since but I do wake up and I don’t feel refreshed. I know that’s not the be all end all but I think
its semi possible I have Sleep Apnea.
Ive been on oxycodone and oxycodone ER consistently when I went into pain management
about 7 years ago.
I’m ok with a cpap machine if I need it but does having sleep apnea mean
The doctor could possibly take me off my meds or is that unlikely?
i know you don’t know for sure but I’m wondering about people
who may have had a similar experience.

the doctor wanted all of his patients to get a sleep study. We have never talked about any
sleep issues in the past.

Theoretically,from what I have heard you would probably be told you have sleep apnea . I won't bother with the ease of qualifying for sleep apnea but with anything you have good and bad.

My father had if.The equipment is.illegitimate. You get essential oxygen which I have heard folks notice that difference.

They again Pain .medicine is a big deal . The breathing people would give fhe results to your doctor and Pam management would a

Hello Everyone,

My PM doctor gave everyone letters saying he needs each of us to do a sleep study.
I know if you have sleep apnea you can be put on a CPAP machine at night but is there
anything else I need to worry about? (Drop in medication, etc).
I suspect I could have sleep apnea so I?m a bit nervous. Even if I sleep 8 hours I don?t wake up feeling refreshed. I did have an issue about 15-16 years ago (before PM) where I woke up and couldn?t breathe. That happened twice in a two week span but I haven?t had issues since. I don?t snore though so I?m not sure.
Anyways, I?m just wondering if I could be taken off my meds if I do in fact have sleep apnea.

Thanks!

Hey,

I wouldn't worry about them taking you off of your medication.
They may need to add more.

I have chronic pain and a REM sleep behavior disorder. Do you have a lot of dreams that you act out?
Talk, laugh, cry, move in your sleep?
That can be a possibility and is considered a "precursor" for Parkinson's disease.

It is important to control a sleep disorder because it brain damages you every time it happens.

A sleep disorder test is a benefit to you as a patient I think.
Your doctor can learn more about your condition this way and help you more.

Good luck man.
God Bless!