• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Side effects from ketamine abuse, and strategies to quit/cut down?

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
Ive been a regular dissio user since the mxe days.
Tried 3/4meo pcp and 3-meo-pce, mxm, diph and eph.
However my favorites are dxm, nitrous and ketamine.

Dont feel like doing dxm or nitrous often so they pose minimal issues.
However i can sometimes get stuck in K binges.
Usually its less then once per month, but during that time i can go though up to 3-5g in a week before stopping abruptly.

Now im starting to feel that the side effects are slowly catching up.
My bladder usually gets a bit sore for a few days after a binge.
Also i suspect ive built up some bacterial infection from injections and/or from whatever K does to ones microbiome.

Also the last week i feel down while holing and could really have gotten seriously hurt.
So i def need to keep away for a long while now.

Other then K i actually live a very healthy life.
I train alot and eat clean good foods.
Its just that i get bored sometimes and id rather do K then anything else really.

Im a psych head and do enjoy real psychedelics a few times per year.
Ket is just so easy to do for a night and then just go to work and live my usual life the day after.

If i do lsd or anything similar i need at least a day of rest before Im back on track.

Anyone here actually quit ketamine or got it under control?

If I could do it once per month and be happy with a 2day binge i wouldnt have an issue with my use.
However this last week was just crazy and im glad i didnt really injure something.

Personally I don't think anyone should use NMDA antagonists on a regular. It inhibits judgement and leaves me extremely careless. I've seen and felt similar effects even on methadone. It took ≈5-7 days with ketamine to notice the depersonalization and whatnot. Even the"benign" antagonism in methadone is enough to fuck with me at 10 mg.

Yeah, I am prone to bingeing on whatever and K was no different and I was going through 2or 3 grams in a day or two a couple of times a month and I know how that shit gets a hold of a person.
I guess, i just ended up getting tired of it and the good quit outweighing the bad.
It's the same way I've quit anything I've ever quit...when it's no longer fun I quit, but I don't have some magic formula. Sometimes when I am ready to stop something, I will do shit tons of it until I am so sick of whatever it is that I never want to do it again.
That would be my "method", i guess. Do too much get sick of it and quit.
Sorry it's not more scientific, but it seems to work, for me at least.

Yeah i agree, i usually end up at a similar situation.
Actually Im there now hehe.

But i know that i will probably have no issues not doing it for a month or so.
Then somehow a bag of shards will end up in my possesion and the cycle continues.

I guess i just need to remind myself of how i felt a few days ago.

I was just diagnosed with interstitial cystitis. It's from my disso use.

Quit now...it is a living hell to experience this.

I thought using 1 time a month would be enough to avoid damage...I was wrong. Any use whatsoever will fuck you up if you are already having symptoms.

Here's motivation to stop K....if u don't u will be in permanent pain. Pissing every hour and never get to do any drug except opiates again

Excercise and eating right will do nothing to stay bladder damage that you have already begun.

My syntoms started out very minor like u...then one day 4 months ago I did a bunch of dck and the pain has not stopped since.

Lucid, I know you have been documenting here some of the bladder issues and the honesty is appreciated. Stay well and focus on healing man. You are doing the right thing looking into it and posting honestly.

I have a friend who got lost in Ketamine and lost a lot. Bladder issues he denies. He used it like heroin, not like psychedelics that you use once in a while, take the insights and live life. Help? said it perfectly in the MXE thread. A hole could be compared to a nod if it is used for escape. And a person can live in a hole just like a nod. I appreciate that honesty too Help? You live up to your name. :) I just read these thread trying to understand the addiction. Because I can get addicted to anything but ketamine did not call me like that. Had 15 experiences in 1990. The first 3 experiences were fascinating. After that just a drug. You could cut my arm off and wouldn't of cared. Dumped my bottle of Ketaset and called it a day. (BTW for me made music crappy and the afterglow was fuzzy and drug like)

Nutz, thanks too for the honestly and showing you can get sick of ketamine. There is too much denial in people I know that use and then say they have a bladder infection that is all. There is a real issue with some of these dissociatives and the more it is documented here the more some people will make better choices. The odd thing is years ago people used ketamine and bladder issues were not heard of. Now I read people can do it a few times and have issues. That is scary.

The honest ketamine thread. :) I figured I'd show my appreciation and maybe help a friend. I am not seeing that though. Ketamine has a strong hold and I suspect he will have to stop for some months to realize the damage that he denies.

Lastly Bitchniggaz, your thread here will help others. Stay well too. If you want keep us posted.

My honest opinion on this class of drugs is use sparingly if at all. It can be valuable and harmful. A double edge sword that needs to be mastered.

Is it actually ketamine itself that causes the issues or some side product? As it seems with all these people getting scripted ketamine it's going to become the new wonder drug of abuse once access becomes easy till it's banned

Is it actually ketamine itself that causes the issues or some side product?

That is an interesting question only because years ago there were ketamine heads that had no bladder issues. Yet now it is all over Bluelight. Some of the old timers gave some good info. Solipsis has posted much too. In a search there is a lot of discussion. It seems it is only in the last few years that many people are coming forward.

I have to wonder if people only use vials of medicinal ketamine will they have bladder issues? And what is black market ketamine? I know it is suppose to be the liquid dried out. But what about cuts? Only a few uses and people are having issues? Something is up.

Is it actually ketamine itself that causes the issues or some side product? As it seems with all these people getting scripted ketamine it's going to become the new wonder drug of abuse once access becomes easy till it's banned

Cotcha who i believe is a medical doctor or scientist by how much he knows, says its due to a immune type response cause by the drug, not the drug or a metabilite chemically eating the bladder wall itself.

Ket hase a weird adictive property for me.
If i dont have any around i dont even want it.
I have good sources so i could do it daily if i wanted.

But sometimes it might just end up in my hand somehow.
Also once ive done a some i usually want more.
So most my binges are started by a few bumps and then i get enough to last a few days.
Not always though, sometimes i get a g and just stop it after Im done.

I guess it depends on how much free time i have.
Last week i had alot of deadtime and I guess i just wanted to party.
However im not ready to get permanent damage from it.
So finding balance is very important for me.
It would be nice with some hard data or some kind of guidelines of what is a safe frequency of dosing.

Also when some of you guys state issues from dck its not really helping.
Dck is a fairly new drug and not tested really.

Ketamine is one of the most popular drugs in the world.
There are a huge amount of recreational users.
And no real epedemic of people with permanent issues of what ive heard.