View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Shrooms with vasculitis

Hiilikeopiods

Greenlighter
I have a friend that would like to take shrooms again. But they haven’t really dabbled in psyches since getting diagnosed. Due to the knowledge lsd cause vascorestriction that’s obviously not the right choice. I was just seeing if there any concerns with shrooms cause I can’t seem to find anything online.

Shrooms are considered generally safe for people without cardiovascular issues. They can raise your blood pressure and stuff, but just not in the same manner as LSD. If you plan on going forward, you should absolutely err on the side of caution and possibly have a trip sitter to help monitor your vitals if needed.

I don't know much about vasculitis so I don't know how serious it is, all I can say is definitely do your research and have someone trusted with you.

I have a friend that would like to take shrooms again. But they haven’t really dabbled in psyches since getting diagnosed. Due to the knowledge lsd cause vascorestriction that’s obviously not the right choice. I was just seeing if there any concerns with shrooms cause I can’t seem to find anything online.
Again? What happened the first time?

Diagnosed? with what were they diagnosed? Are they on medication currently?

What does vasoconstriction have to do with hesitancy to dose them again? I'm unfamiliar with vasculitis but after a quick google search I really doubt this condition would be a MAJOR concern from a responsible dose of shrooms. LSD vasoconstriction is about 3-4x what shrooms are (in my experience). I have never experienced noticeable vasoconstriction even upwards of 16g of mushrooms (don't take that dose ever, please).

I have a lot of questions and want to answer them for you. :)

Then again nobody here is a doctor. Just a bunch of somewhat educated junkies.

Again? What happened the first time?

Diagnosed? with what were they diagnosed? Are they on medication currently?

What does vasoconstriction have to do with hesitancy to dose them again? I'm unfamiliar with vasculitis but after a quick google search I really doubt this condition would be a MAJOR concern from a responsible dose of shrooms. LSD vasoconstriction is about 3-4x what shrooms are (in my experience). I have never experienced noticeable vasoconstriction even upwards of 16g of mushrooms (don't take that dose ever, please).

I have a lot of questions and want to answer them for you. :)

Then again nobody here is a doctor. Just a bunch of somewhat educated junkies.
No medication at the moment but was previously on blood thinners. And the first time was just a completely normal trip. And the concern is more on the fact of that if the vasoconstriction was worse enough of self learned knowledge I’d assume there could be a increased chance in an aneurysm forming.

No medication at the moment but was previously on blood thinners.
I am not trying to get personal but may I ask why you are on blood thinners? Warfarin? Injections or pills? These drugs are signs of very serious medical conditions. I probably don't need to tell you that these are vital/serious drugs for many conditions.

While I can't imagine there being a serious reaction in this case to a low/moderate shroom dose, I am not a doctor and cannot be giving specific medical advice like that. For all I know it might.

If vasoconstriction to psilocin was severe I really really really cannot advise you to use it again in a non-medical setting, my friend. I'm sorry.

Been off blood thinners for a couple months now cause my health has been getting better I’m not sure exactly what they name was. But it was just to help the blood pass thru when my veins weren’t doing to well but now that I’ve reached the point where I’m not dependent on it to be healthy I just thought it might be a good time cause who knows when it can go back to being bad