View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms for the first time!

samadhitrance21

Bluelighter
Hi. I finally feel ready to take shrooms and feel like I can definitely handle the trip, whatever it throws at me. I want to ask for advice as to whats the best way to take them? I think Id prefer to take it on my own as I like to contemplate and aim for self realization that will push my spiritual progress. I think its a good idea to start tripping at home where you can feel comfortable while getting to know the other side of reality. I want to take enough for a medium trip, not shallow but not completely out of it either. I would aim to be just in the right place, somewhere where the experience can take you places that will blow your mind, just about far enough that you're borderline still feeling somehow safe.

I don't have much experience with psychedelics really... I smoked salvia divinorum many times and had great experiences on it. I had many trips on methoxetamine and ketamine. I also tried research chemicals like AMT, nbome, 5-meo-dalt etc, but I don't consider them to be actual trips since they are so shallow.

I simply ask for any tips and tricks as to taking shrooms, whatever you want to tell me :)

My only advice is find quiet place with as little chance of human interaction as possible, with the possibility to roam around safely if possible. (Says the guy currently sitting on a log in the forest while tripping on shrooms =D)

Have fun buddy!

Mushrooms are very earthy and brings you close to mother earth and nature. I strongly recommend tripping outside, in nature, in a beautiful spot. Just choose the spot wisely so people won't disturb you. The experience is different if you trip inside. It will be more introspective, but can by all means be as blissful.

Still, I recommend tripping in nature. Mushrooms have a remarkable and powerful feeling of belonging to nature, they feel completely non-chemical.

The only thing about mushrooms is that they are sedating, they can be quite heavily sedating. So you may want to just stay and lie in the same spot for quite a while. While you are mentally completely indulged in the trip, physically you may feel like you are almost drunk, you just don't want to move around a lot. Mushrooms are not stimulating physically, you may feel sedated and yawn a lot, which is completely normal on a shroom trip.

Enjoy the trip, mushrooms are natures gift to us, and I think and hope you'll find inner peace, love, and empathy on the trip, as mushrooms are great teachers for us if we just let them open our mind and float with the experience.