View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Showering while coming up on psychs

Peacephrog1972

Bluelighter
So if I have the ability to shower (tripping at home which when I trip I'd say 70% of the time it's at home) I end up in the shower at least for 10-15 minutes on the come up

I think it helps calm me....maybe that's the reason?

But I also notice that if I am tripping and have a chance to go swimming (I am a fish....14 years on swim team) I will do it every time and it feels great

Anyone else have the same exp?

I like to take showers when I trip. I always take a shower when I trip at home. It is relaxing and it also makes me feel more comfortable afterward. If I'm on a psychedelic and I'm not clean, I feel gross. I don't get how hippies can stand to be dirty and hairy and trip on acid, but maybe that's just an untrue stereotype.

Swimming while tripping is pretty fun but I have only done it a few times. Sitting in a hot tub feels great, especially on something with a lot of bodyload like 2c-e.

A hot shower is often an essential part of a tryptamine trip for me. Trypts usually make me feel damn chilly and a shower helps me to get warm.

Shower is my go to place when I'm tripping really hard (or too drunk) in order to ground myself. But it's also one of my favorite parts of every day. I just really like water.

Yes, I've used the shower for decades. A long time ago I learned it was a great trick when I was all strung out on dope and speed. always sat in the shower on the come down.

I too have always found the shower comforting during the onset of any psychdelic type drug, tryptamine or phenethylamine.

interesting that others find it beneficial as well

I do all sorts of shit tripping.

Swimming to skateboarding to shagging your mother's.

But seriously yeah sometimes it's really nice to take a shower or bath on trips and/or disassociates.

Might not want to k hole in the bath tub.

I got a really bad burn when I went into a hole while smoking. It left a scar half the length of a cigarette on my arm.

Sometimes you need that fetal-womb security to get passed the 1st chakra. We won't tell anybody. =D

I also always take a shower while on psychs (when I take 2cb, it was like I cant trip without taking a shower lol)
I like also to take a shower on low dosage of Ketamine (Like 60mg or 90mg insuflatted).

But I prefer shower on the dark, without ligths.. put some music and just let it go..
Its a great experience. Sometimes I get surprised of how many people didnt ever take a shower while on a psychs.

PD: sorry my bad english :D

I love showering on psychedelics. After that I feel so incredibly clean and purified. On the other hand i really hate showering on weed, cleaning the shower afterwards is always such a hassle when I´m high ;) I had showers on the coming-up on dissos (mostly MXE) and it was a pretty neutral experience for me.

Coming up on psychs gives me an intense urge to masturbate... which is at the same time more pleasant but can also end up being fairly disturbing once your brain starts to deconstruct whatever fetish you are into, and you basically end-up kink-shaming yourself.

Anyway... I intensely dislike being "contaminated" by my bodily fluids, so I immediately have to take a shower afterwards... I don't recall those ever being particularly relaxing though, mostly because I usually find myself thinking "Shit, better not slip in the shower now. I don't want them to find my naked jizz-encrusted corpse, and have everyone go "Hodor died because he did drugs. Shameful Display!". And worst of all I probably forgot to clear my browsing history, and everyone's gonna know what kind of weird fetishes I'm into!"

I love showering on psychedelics. After that I feel so incredibly clean and purified. On the other hand i really hate showering on weed, cleaning the shower afterwards is always such a hassle when I´m high ;) I had showers on the coming-up on dissos (mostly MXE) and it was a pretty neutral experience for me.
Shower when high on weed always sobers me up so much I'm barely high after.

"Shit, better not slip in the shower now. I don't want them to find my naked jizz-encrusted corpse, and have everyone go "Hodor died because he did drugs. Shameful Display!". And worst of all I probably forgot to clear my browsing history, and everyone's gonna know what kind of weird fetishes I'm into!"
Incognito / private mode was invented for that precise reason.

Also I find cracking my neck on LSD to be pure bliss.

I took a shower waiting on 5 or so hits to kick in while my friends were down stairs both having taken some as well. Well I ended up staing in the shower for q pretty long time. Im not really sure when I started tripping but by the time I finally realized I needed to get out it was in full swing. I had honestly completely forgetten what was going on. I knew I was tripping but I wasn't really sure what I was on or why. I came out of the bathroom and heard voices of course. This scared this shit out of me. When I went down stairs and saw my extremely intoxicated friend it's finally came back. After that I kind of wrote of come up showers

showering on lsd is a great experience. bright with depth and of course sharpness. A nice one for sure.

Yes. Psychedelics and dissociatives. Any drug really. Though showers can sometimes kill an opiate buzz for a bit. But yeah, I have really enjoyed turning off the lights, and sitting in the shower on MXE for example. There is a degree of sensory deprivation. I think a shower is akin to white noise for your sense of touch. Accompanied by the white noise of the actual shower and your brain starts to lose focus quite easily. You can sort of turn off and become this floating blob in the darkness. An alien fetus awaiting birth.

Definitely. Just about every time I've ever tripped I've gone in the shower on the come up. Something about the warmth of the shower is just utterly amazing while tripping =D

I had a really bad experience once with LSD and showers so nowadays I can't even think about that combo. The thing is after showering I entered into a bad trip where I felt all that fucking synthetic shampoo burning trough my skin, and my whole body was itching very hard for hours.

When I first started smoking weed (shitty mids for the first few years) I would get in the shower almost every time I smoked. I could stay in there for up to an hour sometimes, I was 16, wasn't concerned about my parents water bill haha. It was so blissful. I would get the water as hot as I could stand and put my head right in the flow and just space out. Weed taught me how to meditate, no joke, before I really even knew what meditation was. I sometimes miss the days of mids, reggie etc. Because it would always be such an easygoing high. I've also used the shower to try to relax on high dose MXE, didn't help much haha. The water seemed as loud as a waterfall blasting all around me.