• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Show of hands, who has gone into a narcotics anonymous meeting whilst high?

I think it's really disrespectful and unnecessary to go into a meeting high. It's extremely triggering and just plain rude. Unless you're forced to go to meetings court ordered there really isn't any reason a person should go to a meeting high/drunk.

Totally guilty of it. Like other have said coming out of a nod and noticin that your catchin stares from
People and then the group leader ask you how your doing and to share..all bad

Fuck yeah I had to go to 50 meetings after getting busted buying acid at a rave. After ten meetings or so I started going to my friend's house to get baked during the meeting and have him forge the signature on the attendance form. Good times. What the fuck was I going to learn there, all I had done at the time was weed and psychedelics.

You guys reminded me of breaking bad, when Jesse goes looking for costumers at NA meetings. :D
Damn you, I havent gotten to that yet :| Although, I am flying through the series. Almost done with 2 seasons in just a few days, Id probably be close to season 4 if I hadnt been in the city for 9 hours each day on Tuesday and Thursday.

Damn you, I havent gotten to that yet :| Although, I am flying through the series. Almost done with 2 seasons in just a few days, Id probably be close to season 4 if I hadnt been in the city for 9 hours each day on Tuesday and Thursday.

Sorry for the spoiler. :3

I think it's really disrespectful and unnecessary to go into a meeting high. It's extremely triggering and just plain rude. Unless you're forced to go to meetings court ordered there really isn't any reason a person should go to a meeting high/drunk.

Agreed. Any addict I've met who was serious about getting clean attended AA, not NA, because NA is too triggering when you really want to put that stuff behind you.

The courts order people to attend AA/NA in attempt to get them sober/clean, but I wouldn't be surprised if (non-court) people are more likely to relapse after the impressions made by the court attendees. At the end of the day, the courts probably are causing more relapses than they are getting people clean. It's just silly. Court people should have court people only meetings.

At the end of the day, the courts probably are causing more relapses than they are getting people clean. It's just silly. Court people should have court people only meetings.

I feel the same way and think that's a good idea. Serious meetings only for the people who mean it. Though I think that if you're ready and want to get clean, you also need to learn to keep others from affecting your actions. It's not like you're never going to come across drugs again in your life (most likely), so it's not that bad that these meetings force you to learn how to deal with outside influences.

Last edited:
first AA meeting I went to, my aunt (who is in the program) came over while I was on like 50 mg Hydrocodone and stoned out of my gourd and dragged me to a meeting...

Since then, I've been to a few AA meetings stoned.

when i was in rehab the 3rd time we went to an NA meeting and I found two 20 mg Adderall XR on the floor in a little sack.. I gave them to the meeting chair, and he pocketed them..

LOL should have eaten them

Yeah I've been to NA high out of my mind before but to prevent the withdrawal off oxycontin even though I still wanted to get clean. Just didn't really want to go through detox, yeah stupid... Other times cause I wasn't there to get clean but to find hookups when I was desperate for a fix. Especially when people were dry or got locked up.

One time i was court ordered and i didnt even go there high but i look like a drug user normaly and one of the leaders(just really involved guys) threaten to have my probation officer drug test me if i came back since he knew who it was. i wouldnt have passed the drug test but i defintly wasnt high at the meeting it was some shit. so much for the anonymouse part right? be carefull ppl.

I don't think it's disrespectful. The place says its okay, and if you're trying to get clean, and you absolutely can't get yourself to go unless youre high, than so be it. It's better than not going at all.

And I've gone high, and gotten high, in meetings multiple times.

I don't think it's disrespectful. The place says its okay, and if you're trying to get clean, and you absolutely can't get yourself to go unless youre high, than so be it. It's better than not going at all.

And I've gone high, and gotten high, in meetings multiple times.

agreed.