• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Shoulder & chest pain - non cardiac related

Jackal

Bluelighter
Been having some chest and shoulder pain recently in my left shoulder and left pec area

I have been to see the doctor and he checked my heart and blood oxygenation etc - it's all good

I think it's the result of poor posture, a bad mattress and a shitty computer chair where I spend around 10 hours seven days a week but it plays on my mind more than aches elsewhere because it's nearby the heart. It also bothers me more the days after playing multiple games of pool. I'm pushing 40, btw

I have changed the mattress and I have raised my PC monitor level to a more ergonomic level in the past days, and I am stopping climbing the pool table like a contortionist when I have a tricky shot.

Basically it's a clickly left shoulder joint and if I sleep on it I get pains the next day on my lhs back and on my lhs pectoral. The pec pain also extends to a sore spot where my elbow prob digs a rib if I sleep on that side and I also get a burny pinpoint pain near where my lhs ribs meet my clavicle which moves each time I feel it

Has anybody experienced similar issues and how did you treat them?

Thanks

do you have any old injuries? i'm sure you've mentioned the odd motorcycle accident? what have you tried? have you had any x rays?

do you have any old injuries? i'm sure you've mentioned the odd motorcycle accident? what have you tried? have you had any x rays?
Yah, I have a dodgy knee, hip and ankle on that side from a variety of motorcycle crashes - when I sleep on my left side I tend to possibly curl this shoulder a bit under me as I am not 100% comfy lying on that hip due to internal metalwork. For this reason I do try and sleep on my back or my rhs instead, but sometimes will wake up on my lhs regardless

I also very probably cracked the collarbone on that side a few years back in an unrelated incident as I couldn't raise the arm above shoulder height for a month and it hurt for a year, but I didn't bother with a doctor

I could get x-rays; the issue where I live is finding somebody both trained and competent to interpret them

Well, wouldn't you know it; my left side and shoulder is fine now but my right shoulder is killing me now lol

I guess I must have a trapped nerve somewhere, going to PT guy this weekend

Well, wouldn't you know it; my left side and shoulder is fine now but my right shoulder is killing me now lol

I guess I must have a trapped nerve somewhere, going to PT guy this weekend
I'm nearly 40 as well and I think this is just our life now??? I've always got multiple things that are niggling me.

I hope you're PT can fix it! Shoulders are hard. I have an old shoulder injury that just never came good (the left one), and it's pretty painful if I focus on it. I'm just used to it now. I should get it surgically repaired one day, but it's not a priority.

I'm nearly 40 as well and I think this is just our life now??? I've always got multiple things that are niggling me.

I hope you're PT can fix it! Shoulders are hard. I have an old shoulder injury that just never came good (the left one), and it's pretty painful if I focus on it. I'm just used to it now. I should get it surgically repaired one day, but it's not a priority.

Yeah, can't stop the clock haha!

Haven't needed to see this PT in years, he's a family friend, and he's just gonna torture me for an hour , reprimand me and give me the same list of exercises to do that I didn't do after my last visit in 2018 lol

Yeah, can't stop the clock haha!

Haven't needed to see this PT in years, he's a family friend, and he's just gonna torture me for an hour , reprimand me and give me the same list of exercises to do that I didn't do after my last visit in 2018 lol
Yep sounds about right 😆 Enjoy!!