• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Shortness of breath oxy withdrawal

jmsolf

Greenlighter
I hope I?m in the correct place. I can?t find anything on the internet about shortness of breath and OxyContin withdrawal. Going through withdrawals, and short of breath. If I were to take an Oxy Right now I could breathe normally. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey jmsolf! I'm sorry to hear that you have to go through the bitch that is Opioid withdrawal, but luckily, it's been done before and you're totally capable of it. Now, there is a very wide range of symptoms concerned with Opioid withdrawal and just as the drugs in question effect people in different ways, the withdrawal syndrome is often experienced in equally different ways. Some symptoms are much more severe for certain people, while some people don't even experience all of the symptoms typically experienced.

The only commentary I can make about the shortness of breath is that of the many symptoms involved here, anxiety, tachycardia (fast heart beat), weakness etc. are all common symptoms. I wouldn't find it strange to feel out of breath during withdrawal. It's hard just to walk up stairs when I'm sick and I definitely am out of breath by the time I get to the top.

Basically, I don't think that what you're going through is anything to worry about. It is entirely your call, but I think you're only experiencing withdrawal and it's probably not anything to worry about. However, I don't know you and I'm not a Doctor. If you feel that what you're experiencing is truly serious and beyond the normal landscape of Opioid withdrawal, then I would go see a Doctor.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

For what it?s worth, I?m breathing heavily after any exertion whatsoever during a withdrawal.

Just walking across a room is a monumental task.

As said previously, we?re not doctors, so if you really feel concerned, seek medical attention. But based on my own experience, what you?re noticing is fairly common during a kick.

Amazing. This is the only thing that comes out of a Google Search for Shortness of breath Oxy withdrawals or any other combination of words.

I was really freaking out because as shartito said, I was short of breath just walking to the bathroom. Every thing was a big deal! My O2 was at 97 and heartbeat was around 90 at rest.

Don?t have my Oxys yet but did some SUBOXONE and my breathing is pretty normal. I thought I was having heart failure! 1mg of subs took it away from my 190mg Oxycodone/OxyContin per day prescription. Looks like the Oxys have taken over my lung function as shortness of breath is the only symptom.

Seriously thinking of getting off them and going to Subs. Been prescribed them since 2007. That?s a long time to be on pain pills. Living with pain is better than not being able to breathe.

And yes I know Subs are a real bitch to get off of. My tolerance for Oxys is SO high now, I need another 80mg per day to be normal. And the doctor ain?t gonna go for that.

Thanks to both of you guys for replying to my thread.

Yeah I hate that about opiate withdrawal. The shortness of breath is one of my Achilles heel. It?s even hard to just lay down you start getting this feeling that your body is not breathing deep enough even though you are completely relaxed. When you move same thing happens so it?s like damn what do you do at that moment? Subs are probably the best thing you got, I hope they help me when I start my sub regiment soon. I?ve never used subs properly to fully stop withdrawals it was always cold turkey or addiction. I have a bad reaction to subs always

SUBOXONE scares the hell out of me. From what I understand, the withdrawals are far worse than Oxycodone.

SUBOXONE has saved my ass so far. I can get my prescription filled in 5 days. I?m taking little pieces, just enough to stop the withdrawals.

My breathing is totally normal now. Even walked 1/2 mile this morning. Didn?t huff or puff once.

This has been my wake up call. Won?t run short again! This shortness of breath scared the shit out of me!!

I?m still curious to hear if any one else gets this.

It tends to happen when you detox from smaller doses I?ve noticed. When I first kicked heroin that was my main symptom for the first few days. Now it?s the first symptom within 8-12 hours of my last shot, and it only persists until like 24-36 hours, but then I get gnarly withdrawals that are way worse than the breathing :(

My shortness of breath seems like it never goes away. I?ve at times had it for over a month.

But just as soon as I get an opiate in me I return to normal. Like I said earlier, 190mg for 10 years. My wiring must be so screwed.

Other than this thread there isn?t shit on the internet about withdrawals and shortness of breath.

I took 1mg SUBOXONE today and walked around the block. Felt normal. Now that it is starting to wear off I feel the shortness of breath coming back.

Besides Gorrillaboy21 I must be the only poor schmuck going through this. Shit........