Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Short-acting tryptamines?

trogere

Bluelighter
Hello,

I'm lookig at short-acting tryptamines. I'm aware of 5-meo-dmt and dmt, and I found a report about smoking DET freebase, but are there other options? What are your favorites?

Any tryptamine can be smoked for a short lasting trip. The problem is that most of them are typically sold as a salt, which doesn't work as well as freebase for smoking. MPT, 5-MeO-MALT, and a few others can be bought as a freebase, and some tryptamines such as DPT can easily be converted from HCl salt to freebase using baking soda. Some of the other ones are a little harder to convert. You can also smoke tryptamine salts, but it's unpleasant and wasteful.

Any tryptamine can be smoked for a short lasting trip. The problem is that most of them are typically sold as a salt, which doesn't work as well as freebase for smoking. MPT, 5-MeO-MALT, and a few others can be bought as a freebase, and some tryptamines such as DPT can easily be converted from HCl salt to freebase using baking soda. Some of the other ones are a little harder to convert. You can also smoke tryptamine salts, but it's unpleasant and wasteful.

i have heard about mixing 4-aco-dmt salts with water and soda before heating in the pipe, but the opinions about the efficacity of the method are varying a lot. There was a quick word about the danger of smoking the fumaric salt, it would turn into some dangeroux shit or something with heat.

5-meo-dmt scares me a bit, a lot of bad reports about people vomiting blood or getting into convulsions

I wasn't aware about the possibility of vaping MPT and 5-MeO-MALT, that's worth exploring.

MPT is on the lighter side but very nice. Probably the gentlest psychedelic out there.

I haven't done 5-MeO-DALT, but based on what I've read I don't think MPT is as mild as 5-MeO-DALT. You'll probably like it though. MPT is not intense like DMT or DPT but it has some of the psychedelic magic. It has a decent amount of depth for how friendly it is. Kind of like mescaline.

I haven't done 5-MeO-DALT, but based on what I've read I don't think MPT is as mild as 5-MeO-DALT. You'll probably like it though. MPT is not intense like DMT or DPT but it has some of the psychedelic magic. It has a decent amount of depth for how friendly it is. Kind of like mescaline.

I never tried mescaline, but I love allylescaline. It's a charm, but the duration is way too long for what I want to do.