• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

severly physically sick.. HELP

laurenholly81

Greenlighter
I've been smoking meth on and off for about 8 years now. This last time I started smoking again in nov 2014 and was smoking pretty regularly but not daily up until about 2 months ago. In the beginning of may I had my normal period and everything was fine and regular.

But exactly 2 weeks later I started bleeding again.. it was not normal it was like actual bleeding. I shrugged it off though thinking it was weird but it happens. I had been smoking with some new people and their shit was a lot cheaper quality wise, and at first gave me what I thought to be a cold. stuffy nose, cough, the whole works. it kept going for another week, and the bleeding would come and go. I wasn't smoking everyday but almost. It got to the point where I was so sick I couldn't keep down food, which led to me not wanting food, only making me more sick. I couldn't sleep, and when I did I had such bad night terrors I only got a few hours. for 4 days straight I didn't eat anything, or sleep at all. during this time I even went almost 2 days without even peeing from the dehydration. I lost 20 lbs in a week. Most times when I smoked before I could still eat, sleep, function normally like everyone else, but it was also better quality. I made these new people switch to my guy hoping it would help with my sickness.. even quick for a week thinking a crash and comedown would help..

The bleeding, and sickness started on may 15th and it's now may 31st.. I am now bleeding every single day nonstop. it hasn't gotten lighter or heavier. just constant. I am at a point where I can eat, and sleep, but i'm still constantly nauseous. I've been in severe pain, having horrible "cramps" in my stomach. i'm also having constant migraines daily. I no longer have the first cold from the cheap shit.. but something's definitely not right. I also happened to quit smoking weed and drinking alcohol the same week this sickness started. could the meth be the cause of my sickness? or could it be from quitting everything else all of a sudden and my body attempting to adjust to the change? I've never heard of meth making a period come early, or a period last for a longtime. I've spent the past week at home trying to relax and heal. but i'm still bleeding. I can't take anymore!! I need it all to stop and go away. my body is just giving out all together. My tubes are tied so I know it's not a pregnancy, or miscarriage... what could be wrong with me????? I've been trying to see my obgyn because every doctor I've seen tells me i'm fine and it's in my head.. but how is bleeding every day and throwing up in my own head? it's actually happening.. i just need help. i just need an answer!

I've been smoking meth on and off for about 8 years now. This last time I started smoking again in nov 2014 and was smoking pretty regularly but not daily up until about 2 months ago. In the beginning of may I had my normal period and everything was fine and regular.

But exactly 2 weeks later I started bleeding again.. it was not normal it was like actual bleeding. I shrugged it off though thinking it was weird but it happens. I had been smoking with some new people and their shit was a lot cheaper quality wise, and at first gave me what I thought to be a cold. stuffy nose, cough, the whole works. it kept going for another week, and the bleeding would come and go. I wasn't smoking everyday but almost. It got to the point where I was so sick I couldn't keep down food, which led to me not wanting food, only making me more sick. I couldn't sleep, and when I did I had such bad night terrors I only got a few hours. for 4 days straight I didn't eat anything, or sleep at all. during this time I even went almost 2 days without even peeing from the dehydration. I lost 20 lbs in a week. Most times when I smoked before I could still eat, sleep, function normally like everyone else, but it was also better quality. I made these new people switch to my guy hoping it would help with my sickness.. even quick for a week thinking a crash and comedown would help..

The bleeding, and sickness started on may 15th and it's now may 31st.. I am now bleeding every single day nonstop. it hasn't gotten lighter or heavier. just constant. I am at a point where I can eat, and sleep, but i'm still constantly nauseous. I've been in severe pain, having horrible "cramps" in my stomach. i'm also having constant migraines daily. I no longer have the first cold from the cheap shit.. but something's definitely not right. I also happened to quit smoking weed and drinking alcohol the same week this sickness started. could the meth be the cause of my sickness? or could it be from quitting everything else all of a sudden and my body attempting to adjust to the change? I've never heard of meth making a period come early, or a period last for a longtime. I've spent the past week at home trying to relax and heal. but i'm still bleeding. I can't take anymore!! I need it all to stop and go away. my body is just giving out all together. My tubes are tied so I know it's not a pregnancy, or miscarriage... what could be wrong with me????? I've been trying to see my obgyn because every doctor I've seen tells me i'm fine and it's in my head.. but how is bleeding every day and throwing up in my own head? it's actually happening.. i just need help. i just need an answer!

the best thing to do is stop smoking or doing any type of anything and head to the ER it's really a small price to pay to figure out whats going on
we are not docs here but im sure everyone will agree with me on what i just said

I quit smoking for over a week now, and it's still continuing. I was more curious if this may be a common side effect of meth, or if anyone else had experienced this issue? I've never heard of any drugs causing prolonged menstrual cycles, and I've tried just about every drug there is minus heroin.
I know millions of medical reasons why it could be happening, but the timing with this and the meth use just seems to coincidental to me.

I've been scared to go to the ER because of the meth in my system. I've gotten my system clean I would assume, considering meth only stays for a few days. I went to a clinic and they told me it was probably due to stress, and I was causing it by overbearing myself with stressful situations. I didn't want to mention my drug use.. I also have an appointment this Wednesday with my doctor... But if it's a medical issue uncontributed to drug use, I don't want to bring it up. If it's possible that meth is the cause, then I feel it's something I should mention.. I just don't want this on my medical record.
I have a lot of broken bones from an abusive relationship I just got out of 6 months ago, and i'm trying to get legal pain relievers so I won't turn to street drugs so much, and i'm afraid if they know about my drug use/self-medication they won't be as willing to help me. They're already doing the bare-minimum due to state laws..

I also wasn't sure if prolonged menstrual cycles were enough of an emergency to go to the ER.. I just don't know honestly. I've only experienced this type of thing during a miscarriage, but with my tubes being tied it's not possible for me to be having a miscarriage, plus the clinic checked and I showed no signs of being pregnant, or of having been recently pregnant, no signs of a tubal pregnancy either..

have any other ladies out there experienced anything similar? As in has meth ever caused this to anyone else? Or have any of you ever had periods that lasted 3 weeks and have found out the cause, besides it being a miscarriage?

You need to see a dr. Miscarriage was first thing I thought of but that sounds highly unlikely. Go to the ER and tell them about the bleeding and the puking. You do not have to say anything about the drugs at all.

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the drugs you've been using. With meth, clots are often the issue, not bleeding. In either case it's great that you've managed to stop smoking it, but you do need to go and get a medical professional to take a look.

Just explain what you have here. Continuous bleeding from the vagina is not something that should be dismissed by a medic.

Did you ever happen to find the cause of your prolonged bleeding?? It's seriously bizarre how almost exactly the words you wrote, are the same thing I've been experiencing....

Hey hun I hope you come back and share your experience at your doctors apt because I've had a few situations similar to yours. In fact, the prolonged period thing just happened to me recently and the bleeding went on for at least 3 weeks non stop, and of course made me miserable. I don't usually get bad cramps or pain but I often get nausea, bloating and upset stomach so I hardly eat when this happens.

I've been smoking meth for 7 and a half years and at least 4 of those years consist of daily use. I've had some horrible periods that lasted for a fucking month and it scared me at first but it's happened like 5 or 6 times now so it's more annoying and inconvenient than anything. I usually have fairly short periods that are pretty heavy the first 2 days but lighten the 3rd day and end on the 4th or 5th day, sometimes the 3rd day when I'm lucky. What's really weird is that I've also had 2 periods in the same month a couple of times.

I've tried almost all types of birth control except the shot and the copper IUD and all of them gave me bad side effects which include long heavy periods and random spotting. They also make me crazy as fuck and kill my sex drive so unfortunately birth control doesn't work for me. Anyways the long periods have happened while on birth control as well as off of it and I would love to know if meth is the cause. It's funny how a lot of info I've seen on the internet claims that regular meth use can stop the menstrual cycle like heroin does but unfortunately this has never been true for me, if anything it seems to do the opposite.

Last edited: