View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Serotonin syndrome

AcidAttack

Bluelighter
So 2 weeks ago my dad and his gf decided to get some dxm cough syrup for themselves as they had got me some earlier and they wanted to try it because i told them it was like 3-meo-pcp which they liked, thing is though, they are on prozac, i thought it was dxm and mdma that caused the syndrome, not ssri drugs, i freak out when i realise how serious the situation was, they were high for a week, also they are on methadone, anyway the next day they get two more, they throw one out, then get 4 more this past week and yesterday my dads gf had another half a bottle, these are 600mg dxm a bottle.
Now because i'm 23 and they are 20-30 years older that they know more about drugs, but all they know is what they learned on the street, yeah they know about stimulants benzos and opiates but they don't know about dxm or dissociatives in general, they call the bloody cough syrup "pcp shit", my dad thought mushrooms contained strychnine for fucks sake, also they think the methadone controls them and stops the syndrome from effecting them or some bullshit, i'm going to make them read the replies so can you please explain to them how dangerous it is, my dad kinda gets it as he knows ive done my homework, but his gf is just so irresponsible and i just don't know what to do.

I was thinking maybe ketamine, see once by mistake they took my 3-meo-pcp ordered 100mg and there was like maybe 20mg left, they thought it was and orderr of mdpv even though the mdpv order was 2 or 5 grams, 3-meo came from a different country too so i have no idea why they took it, but they had an insane trip, my dad hated it but his gf liked it, i was thinking maybe a k hole could maybe help her see the error in their ways, i want them to try acid too but they are too scared you know they believe all the propaganda, like they will go insane even though they took 2c-p and they were fine they just killed the trip with anti-psychs and benzos because they didn't like the feel and my dad has taken mushies several times before
Didn't have internet at the time and only now my laptop started working with the internet without crashing, don't know how to use smart phones so i could only post about it now.

I'm not sure exactly what your question is, but it is very dangerous to mix SSRIs with DXM and yes, it can cause Serotonin Syndrome. Your Dad and his girlfriend are on SSRIs and Methadone for a reason, so I don't really understand if it's you or them being insistent about experimenting with psychedelics and/or dissociatives, or if you just want them to be educated about responsible use.

There may be some drugs they can use "safely", however it is generally not a great idea to take anything while on SSRIs just in case there is any negative interaction. This is especially true for research chemicals, i.e., 3-MeO-PCP, MDPV, etc. since in most cases the mechanism of action is not fully understood.

Mixing DXM and SSRIs or SNRIs can cause serotonin syndrome or a hypertensive crisis, or at the very least just leave the user feeling very unpleasant. This is because DXM is actually a much stronger SNRI drug than it is a dissociative - hence why the 1st plateau effects are kind of similar toi low dose MDMA or other empathogens.

So to answer your question... it's quite risky to combine DXM and Prozac, especially high doses of either. 3-MeO-PCP is a much stronger dissociative than a SNRI and would be a better choice if your dad wants to have a dissociative experience.