• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Serotonin Syndrome symptoms from Tramadol stopped once on Paxil?

ynotrhyme

Greenlighter
Hello everyone! I just wanted to hear from the more experienced regarding SS. I took tramadol for about 3 years due to a back injury and about the last few months I was using grapefruit juice every once in a while along with the tramadol and I would sometimes feel extremely crappy right after the gfj.

Two weeks ago I decided to stop using tramadol cold turkey after quitting my job and omg the withdraw symptoms; fever, hypothermia, tachycardia, mental change, hand rigidity, everything! Well I was definitely positive I had serotonin syndrome.

Last week, I saw a doctor for the first time since (been going to hospitals) and she made me get off tramadol cold turkey and gave me paroxetine and clonopin to use lightly and I've stopped receiving all symptoms completely. I'm thinking it's the Paxil or clonopin I'm not sure but I feel like myself no more insomnia, cold chills etc.

Does this mean possibly that I never had serotonin syndrome and maybe just heavy withdrawls from cold turkeying tramadol after 3 year use? Also how long you guys think I'll have to be on Paxil and benzos to when I can jump off and stop experiencing those God awful tramadol withdrawls. I've been off tramadol 7 days for now.

All replies are appreciated guys I really like yhis site! Thanks yall!

to me it sounds like plain old opiate wd's, but then again i've never experienced SS. i hope it was just wd's, SS by all accounts is fucking awful, and potentially fatal - i would seriously consider checking with a medical professional if symptoms return.

Thanks man! As of now, since I've stopped the tramadol I haven't had any withdrawls, if some , very light compared to when I was going through dantes inferno which was the tramadol cold turkey. Smh it was horrible just thinking about it.

My usage was 100mg-200mg for about 2-3 years strictly weekdays. My last few weeks I upped the dosage to 200mg and then I quit my job so I just cold turkeyed. I also took magnesium caltrate a day prior to cold turkeying (don't know if it's a factor really) I was terrified because I was told to taper down the tramadol but whenever I tried taking tramadol again after the cold turkey the reactions were horrific! My mouth would close on its own, plain awful.

That's why I'm wondering if when I stopped taking tramadol altogether and started paroxetine and clonazepam and all my horrific symptoms stopped if this is a sign of me not really having serotonin syndrome.

I'm also curious as how long will it take for this evil tramadol to fully get out my system! So I can just stop taking everything for withdrawls. I don't want to get hooked to benzos as I hear it is farrrrr worse than tramadol withdrawls.

Any suggestions and or help is always appreciated! If I can help any of yall also just let me know.