• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel? I have a whole bunch any good uses?

needachange

Greenlighter
I have a whole big pill bottle of seroquel I got it for somebody cuz he was takin it in jail like 400mg to make him pass out every nite and not lie awake in a prison cell but things happened and hes back in and i just have the bottle up there in my cupboard. They are 200mg pils, i took one to help me sleep along time ago and it was an awful feeling like i was drowsy but couldnt fall asleep i hated it.

I have been with two guys who were on it and they get up in the middle of the night to eat which i know is a huge side effect but they are like sleep walking and they are just mesirable son of a bitches, yelling at me to get out of the way and crap. They never remember in the morning.

But what I wanted to know are there any recreational uses for it?? Im trying to keep sane and out of pain until i can get to the pharmacy tommorow and get my dose of methadone thank god after i drank my whole weeks worth -6 days in like 4 and half days cuz i went down to quickly. I got an oxy today as it was unbearable but i dont think its gonna last till the morning so i took a little corner of the seroquel. Do u think mixing the two is really dangerous?? I kinda just swallowed it without thinking and now im like oh uh. anybody know?

Seroquel is great for a game I like to play called the sandwich game. You take some seroquel, then attempt to make and eat a sandwich (you'll be sooo hungry) before you pass out from the seroquel. I usually lose....

Anyway, it's an antipsychotic, so it's only good uses would be if you're intentionally trying to put yourself into a coma, or you need something to come off of a really high amphetamine high, as it has reverse action to amphetamines (dopamine)

Agreed. its only really good for come downs or sleeping

It is a good way to come down after a night of coke. My mom took it at one point.

It's because coke essentially works the same as amphetamines, through slightly different course of action.

Anything that raises dopamine will have it counteracted by seroquel which reduces dopamine

i disagree. i've had 3 experiences with seroquel and i found it to be an amazing drug. if you made me pick between a 2 mg rivotril or a 100 mg seroquel i'd have a hard time choosing. when i took it it made me SLOW to the point that my thoughts were dragging around my mind and i even experienced a mild time dilation, and there is even a mild euphoria for me. i like spending my time "quelled", which is for me, walking around, laughing at everything around me, in a half conscious state. i really do enjoy it, but hey, everyone is different.

Seroquel is a good medication. What is was originally indicated for was schizophrenic, and bipolar disorder. Then the found that is has other added benefits. If you go into any rehab, (at least the ones I've been in), everyone is on Seroquel. Without going into the pharmacokinetics, it basically stops racing thoughts. The drowsiness works the same way antihistamines work. However, it is not an antihistamine. It is great for coming down from coke.

The problem for me is if I don't go right to sleep,I get brave and get more coke!

Sometimes it works for sleep... you don't need 200mg though. 50-100 will usually suffice.

a lower(non fully antipsychotic) dose boosts opiates in a similar way some tricyclic antidepressants and antihistamines do.

seroquel is also a must for heavy methamphetamine/amphetamine or MDMA comedowns(for sleep, and i usually take it with a benzo).

seroquel's dopamine antagonist effect also gets rid of cravings and urges to binge on stimulants, and "brings you down" if you over did it with the stimulants and you're starting to loose it.

i think it's one of the best drugs for insomnia. i took about 75mgs and slept very deeply for 9-10 hours.

snort it it feels just like cocaine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about the rehab comment: in the rehab i went to (one of the top 3 in the country), only the bipolar kids were on the quil. a lot of kids took nothing, some trazadone for sleep, and others clonodine for anxiety, but certainly not 'everyone' was on seroquel.

50 - 75mg would fer sure have you pass out tho