News September is National Recovery Month

September is National Recovery Month. Please join Bluelight in celebrating the proud community of recovery from addiction and mental illness that exists on this forum and all across the globe. Support for the practice of Harm Reduction, especially in the midst of a devastating overdose crisis in many parts of the world, is needed now more than ever. This makes Bluelight forum and the work we do here all the more important.

Here is an article from SAMHSA w/ a brief excerpt outlining the purpose of the month:

National Recovery Month (Recovery Month), which started in 1989, is a national observance held every September to promote and support new evidence-based treatment and recovery practices, the nation’s strong and proud recovery community, and the dedication of service providers and communities who make recovery in all its forms possible.

SAMHSA aims to increase public awareness surrounding mental health and addiction recovery. In the years since Recovery Month launched, SAMHSA has timed announcements of initiatives and grant funding during Recovery Month, while collaborating with private and public entities to celebrate individuals during their long-term recoveries.
This year, to address the nation’s growing crisis of substance misuse and overdose deaths, SAMHSA is launching initiatives that promote and support evidence-based treatment and recovery practices, the emergence of a strong and proud recovery community, and the dedication of service providers and community members across the nation who make recovery possible.

- w/ love,

deficiT & the Bluelight Administration

That's awesome! That's so cool. My birthday is also in September. September 28th actually. This month got out of jail, and got clean, but staying clean, all in the month of beautiful September! No more opiates for me. I'm in a sub treatment program and loving it.
πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ 😊 πŸ«‚ πŸ™ 😊 πŸ«‚ πŸ™ 😊 πŸ«‚ πŸ™ 😊

Big bump up to everyone on the board.πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸΌ
Every mod and everyone that supports!
I found you guys a while back when I was
on Norcos & Coke! 😲 πŸ’Š ❄️
Found a lot of info on stuff.
Opened my eyes to things I wasn't aware of
That really helped me out in the long run.
Also found stuff on how and where to go
to start getting clean. Thanks to everyone!

Happy September!!!
Happy national recovery month! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸ½
πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½

Last edited:
That's awesome! That's so cool. My birthday is also in September. September 28th actually. This month got out of jail, and got clean, but staying clean, all in the month of beautiful September! No more opiates for me. I'm in a sub treatment program and loving it.
πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ 😊 πŸ«‚ πŸ™ 😊 πŸ«‚ πŸ™ 😊 πŸ«‚ πŸ™ 😊

Big bump ups to this board to. πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸΌ
Every mod and everyone that supports!
I found you guys a while back when I was on Norcos & Coke! 😲
Found a lot of info on stuff.
Opened my eyes to things I wasn't aware of
That really helped me out in the long run.
Also found stuff on how and where to go
to start getting clean. Thanks to everyone!

Happy September!!!
Happy national recovery month! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸ½
πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½ πŸ‘πŸ½
Happy early birthday! My birthday is September as well, today actually. Glad to hear of your recovery.

September is National Recovery Month. Please join Bluelight in celebrating the proud community of recovery from addiction and mental illness that exists on this forum and all across the globe. Support for the practice of Harm Reduction, especially in the midst of a devastating overdose crisis in many parts of the world, is needed now more than ever. This makes Bluelight forum and the work we do here all the more important.

Here is an article from SAMHSA w/ a brief excerpt outlining the purpose of the month:

National Recovery Month (Recovery Month), which started in 1989, is a national observance held every September to promote and support new evidence-based treatment and recovery practices, the nation’s strong and proud recovery community, and the dedication of service providers and communities who make recovery in all its forms possible.

SAMHSA aims to increase public awareness surrounding mental health and addiction recovery. In the years since Recovery Month launched, SAMHSA has timed announcements of initiatives and grant funding during Recovery Month, while collaborating with private and public entities to celebrate individuals during their long-term recoveries.
This year, to address the nation’s growing crisis of substance misuse and overdose deaths, SAMHSA is launching initiatives that promote and support evidence-based treatment and recovery practices, the emergence of a strong and proud recovery community, and the dedication of service providers and community members across the nation who make recovery possible.

- w/ love,

Hu full agree with u

September 4th and I'll be 44! Been on or "searching" for "something" since I was 13...time to pay the dues..haha... really though, I'm scared to death...I don't know how to be sober or deal with "reality" or if I even want to..loooooong story (again..haha). I don't know how I didn't get to my lowest yet but I'm here now...very general post I know but I don't reach out to anyone except my partner and have lost "reality" lately...foe many reasons, and have trouble socializing and need some support. Anyone else trying to pick up a shattered world so they can at least put the pieces into their kaleidoscope to make something beautiful out of it? Take care all, M.

- w/ love,

Are you doing anything for September 2023?

🌈

- w/ love,

This is cool to know 😎

I've been in recovery for one week so far of August. So this will help me with the next short term goal which is the month of September still sober in recovery. I think by the end of the month I might have at least regained some of the weight I lost not eating and sleeping for large periods of time.

This is cool to know 😎

I've been in recovery for one week so far of August. So this will help me with the next short term goal which is the month of September still sober in recovery. I think by the end of the month I might have at least regained some of the weight I lost not eating and sleeping for large periods of time.

Nhm, bc of that you might launch some tummy discomfort therefore me says you should sleep on your left side
clinical studies points that it might alter the process of stomach walls crunching on GERD and a tremendous percent of lower count events of irritated body/sore throat.

- w/ love,

Love the positivity, love blue light. I've been in and out of treatment my whole life and I'm sure others have too, so I won't waste time complaining about certain addiction groups. I would like to point out, however, that as a person with dual-diagnosis (again, I love this post so much for the support, I'm just trying to say what my experience has been) bipolar type 1 (occasional bouts of psychosis and fugue states) as well as ADHD and depression with anxiety, I just feel like mental illness is not something you can recover from.

Probably just an oversight (a well intentioned one) but as I see more and more people and talking heads on the news just casually throw out that mental illness is the reason we have so many mass shootings, I've been terribly afraid of the public's lack of understanding of my particular marginalized group. I just saw a prominent politician openly stating that if he were in charge his solution would be to put us all in asylums... whether or not we'd ever committed a crime.

I know I sound pedantic, but this is a serious problem. Just as addicts face persecution for not being "strong enough" or not being "morally fit" I only wish to make it clear that the mentally ill CANNOT RECOVER. Its not something we can control anymore than addicts. Which i dont think anyone ever truly recovers from either. We're in recovery, sure. But Passages of Malibu has lied to so many people that they could "cure" addiction. So, people think theyre cured when they walk out. Not continuing treatment. And guess what?

We (im switching from addiction to the mentally ill, again) can have periods of lucidity even without meds, we can be on meds and then they stop working and we get either arrested or we're lucky enough to run into a cop who takes us to the hospital instead, just to have to start the entire long process of slowly tweaking our pill cocktail two weeks or one month at a time until we get it right and until it fails again. I had a five year period wherein I went unmedicated and I thought I had recovered... only to go barreling off a cliff unexpectedly one night. Stopping your meds for any reason is actually considered a SYMPTOM of bipolar, as SAMHSA, NIMH, and the DSM-5 all agree. Not recovery. Don't quit your meds fellow psychos, lol! Remember, your illness may not be your fault, but it is your responsibility.

I just want to stress this: we cannot recover. We have to live with this every day for the rest of our lives. Some from their birth, me from age 20. Would you think to say congratulations to somebody with diabetes for their recovery? Of course not. It isn't possible. But you CAN praise them for the struggles they go through and their struggles picking up the pieces of their mistakes as they went undiagnosed. And I'm pretty sure that's what you meant, so thank you! But words count. Language controls how others behave. That's all. I'm out.

September 4th and I'll be 44! Been on or "searching" for "something" since I was 13...time to pay the dues..haha... really though, I'm scared to death...I don't know how to be sober or deal with "reality" or if I even want to..loooooong story (again..haha). I don't know how I didn't get to my lowest yet but I'm here now...very general post I know but I don't reach out to anyone except my partner and have lost "reality" lately...foe many reasons, and have trouble socializing and need some support. Anyone else trying to pick up a shattered world so they can at least put the pieces into their kaleidoscope to make something beautiful out of it? Take care all, M.
I am

I hear ya. The thought of going through Reality without some medicated cushion can be overwhelming and scary. Dm me if you wanna talk. Good on you for reaching out, I know how hard it is.