• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Semex And Selank to complete taper from suboxone.

wolf359loki

Bluelighter
Hello everyone.

I have been on a journey to get off opiods for the past 3 weeks now. My DOC was dilaudid and I had tapered down to 3 x 4mg a day before starting my home detox. It went well and after being in heavy WD for 30 or so hours I started to use suboxone. I only used about 4mg to start and stabilized at 2mg a day. After a few days I started to taper this down with a goal of stepping off at 0.25mg a day. I am on track to reaching that goal in the next two weeks. I am now preparing for the depression and other mental struggles that will come.

To help with this I am going to start to use Semex And Selank to help increase the depleted levels of serotonin in my brain. I have a lot of experience with peptides as I work for a research company that produces many for labs in North America. However I don't have a lot of experience with treating addiction with them. I'd anyone has suggestions or experience please let me know. I want to avoid other types of medications that have addictive properties.

Thanks for the help.

No need to stay on sub for 2 wks, 5-6 days then jump. 2 weeks and you may experience sub wd. After 5-6 days, then use your comfort meds for another week. After that it's building up energy, and endorphins back into your brain.

No need to stay on sub for 2 wks, 5-6 days then jump. 2 weeks and you may experience sub wd. After 5-6 days, then use your comfort meds for another week. After that it's building up energy, and endorphins back into your brain.

I am using the information I got from here to taper down. With the half life of suboxone being so long I am waiting 5 days after each drop to allow the levels to be true. For example at 0.5mg it will take at least 3 days to be truly at that level. I do notice some WD symptoms after the third day at a new level. When thos symptoms have subsided I then wait 2 days to make sure they are gone. Then I drop again. I had a few setbacks moving to fast at the beginning of my transition to suboxone so I read more and adjusted. I am a very impatient person by nature so if I try and force this I might fail. So I say 2 weeks but it may be sooner. I do want the effects of the semex and Selank to build up too. So I will run them for a week before stepping off the suboxone.

Any other info please let me know. I read all the posts I get.

Suboxone shouldn't be suppressing your 5-HT.

No, but from my reading and personal experience long term use of opiates will reduce your own levels of these. Many of the comfort meds are used to replace these until your body starts to make them again? The use of semax and Selank will help to boost production I hope.

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to get on here and say it has been a year plus since I quit and life has gotten a lot better. I wanted to say thanks to everyone here who helped with advice.

For the people still trying to leave their demons behind hang in. It does get better. Things won't be perfect in life but each day gets a little better. You will hit a few bumps in the road. This place is good for helping with those bumps.

Stay healthy everyone. I will be lurking when I can to help.

Good to hear from you wolf.

You sound really good, I hope you and your family are well. I think that's great that you come back and post, especially good for those struggling to see that it is possible to turn things around. Proud of you.

Much love and support my friend,
Ash.