Selling fake drugs

aidz

Bluelighter
What's the maximum penalty you can get for selling fake drugs? My friend got caught in one of the local clubs the other day but luckily he didn't have any X on him just a couple of bunk tabs. They were paracetamol I think or something thats over the counter.:)

Was he a jackass, selling fake drugs?

I think you can still get intent for it.

I'd say he should be more worried about what the guys who bought the fake stuff are going to do to him.

Jay

In Australia if your stupid enough to sell M&M's as pills then you can be arrested with the supply of a prohibited. It doesnt matter what the content is, you are still deemed a supplier and there is now difference in law wether its M&Ms or MDMA.

Dont consider it. Silly Silly.

shals :D

Rules vary by state, here in MN it is:

Sale of a simulated controlled substance

i.e. soap rocks from double ups (crack), i.e. asprin for ecstasy.

Now Minnesota has sentencing guidelines and according to my sentencing guidelines sheet you would have to be nailed atleast 5 or more times selling and simulated controlled substance to go to prison unless you have priors and your criminal history score is higher, otherwise your just looking at probation.

Yes, I dont feel sorry for your "friend" at all. I wish everyone who intentionally sold fake pills would get busted.

Yes people really HATE people trying to pull scams in these forums. Whether it is asking what is the best substance to cut their cocaine with or this. I managed to get some kids expelled from my old school when they tried to bully me into buying tabs of acid that were cardboard. I have never been proud of this fact. However, it demonstrates that society can be even more intolerant to FAKE drugs than to the authentic material.

If a dealer supplies you with fake drugs and gets caught, can he not claim that he was intending to supply you with caffeine tablet (or whatever drug it actually is)?

How can the police prove you are intending to supply drugs?

Offering to sell an illegal drug is against the law in Australia. It doesn't matter if you intend to actually complete the sale, you are actually in a position to do so, or if what is sold or supplied is not an illegal drug. All that's required is that you offered the drugs and you meant the offer to be taken seriously. In NSW, if you offer something for sale claiming it is an illegal drug, it will be treated as if it was that illegal drug. In WA if it can be shown that you thought you had an illegal a drug, and you didn't really, you can still be convicted of a crime.

Then law states a specific amount of each drug over which you are assumed to have intent to supply. Over this and you have to prove it was for your own use. In any case the prosecutor could lead other evidence to suggest you had intent to supply - eg if you had everything in individual bags or if you had scales.